Brake Rotors And Pads

Hello all! :)

I'm looking for brake rotors and pads. What is best for my millenia 2001 2.5 I can buy at ebay (I'm ouside the US)??

for example:

Item number: 260243103117

Item number: 300227202780

Item number: 170222053528

Item number: 260244077233

What you say about it??

Anyone buy it before (reviews)??? What brand are you use??

Everything you've linked 2 is really cheap, and under NO conditon should you get x-drilled and slotted, avoid slotted, go with x-drilled only, going with both greatly reduces brake pad life and won't help with braking, there is a reason high end cars ONLY come with x-drilled and nothing in the street comes with slotted, no race car does both either. Ebay chinks just do it for looks, and frankly when it comes to brakes performance is much more important.

www.performancerotors.com is a good site.

If you want to keep price down email one of those sellers to request x-drilled ONLY. KVR pads are great, hawk have alot of good reviews.

First of all KVR really sucks. I dont know about how good the pads are. I bought two sets both are wrong size!! After return, i could only get little money back. And we couldnt even return the other set, its far away already. I hate them!

For rotors, i am using http://www.r1concepts.com/ . They are not the best but are cheap and good performance up to now. Several people bought from them and i dont know anybody complaining. If you have extra money buy the better ones, they look better and wont rust. Neither slotted nor x-drilled will make any better if you dont drive like crazy, as crazy as have the brakes smell burned. Both will be an overkill and ghetto as BHR said. I have slotted just for the look.

IPB Image

IPB Image

R1 rotors, cheap and better ones side to side:

IPB Image

I bought regular brembo rotors for the front here:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/...1QQBR25454.html

They are a little more expensive now than when I bought them. I don't know about shipping overseas though, shipping in the US on orders over $50 is free.

They also have brembo rear disks

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/...33-1623221.html

01-02 can use both, saint is the ONLY person ot have this problem

yet milly, don, malice, plat etc were all fine

KVR most certainly does not suck, before corksport dropped the millenia and you could easily find them they were regarded for years as the best rotors, and hands down no competition the best front pads you could get, back pads weren't as great, but comparable to other performance brands.

OK,

Where I can find good rotors and pads along with

http://www.r1concepts.com/

www.performancerotors.com - don't work

I don't want to buy regular, maybe i'm not right :noidea:

1. rotors and pads should have good brake performance

2. rust resistance

3. good looking

4. price about 200-300$ for all rotors+pads

What good brake brands do you know?

1. KVR

what else?

what about this http://trinetmotorsports.com/ ??

01-02 can use both, saint is the ONLY person ot have this problem

yet milly, don, malice, plat etc were all fine

KVR most certainly does not suck, before corksport dropped the millenia and you could easily find them they were regarded for years as the best rotors, and hands down no competition the best front pads you could get, back pads weren't as great, but comparable to other performance brands.

that's not true...my millenia uses the larger rotors as well bh...only the back rotors were the same as the 95-00's

If you want some good regular rotors that are rust resistant go with the Centric rotors they have on autopartswarehouse.com

If you want some decent pads with barely any brake dust go with the Akebono ceramics.

If you want cross drilled/ slotted I think you limited to ebay crap which you could then buy and paint yourself with brake paint to make it more rust resistant.

-Steven

slotted is ghetto chink crap, it slices away at the pads generating ALOT of heat, the only reason its used is on autocross cars with race pads, not chink pads that claim to be performance, I'm talking about the pads that only work at temps far beyond what street pads would fail atc. Ebay sellers will tell you its to remove hot gas buildup from the rotors, what they don't tell you is 85% of all brake pads, and 99.9999% of performance pads have is a slot built into the brake pads which is a mean better place for it, it helps to cool and keeps it clean.

Think about it, Very few race cars use it (only autocross) and ZERO, let me repeat that ZERO production cars use slotted, and certainly never both. All these companies like ferrari, mercedes, aston martin, bmw etc are spending billions of dollars and only use x-drilled rotors? do you really think some gook on ebya knows a magically secert?

The reason you go with x-drilling is to help cool the pads, unlike true race pads street pads work inbetween a set of temps, when you go over them the pads truely do begin to fail (not including brake fluid) x-drilling keeps them cooler, makes a HUGE difference in the rain since when the pad compresses down water isn't trapped inbetween rotor and pad. It also cuts down a brake dust, as well as helps in a small amount to lighten the rotor while making it stronger (don't start with the "cross-drilled rotors explode" bullshit, yes a c5 at 24 hours of LEMANS!!!!! had 1 explode, yes some jackass going 220mph in the desert had one fail, other reasons) Look into basic engineering.

As for silver plating and or painting - to keep rust away, it looks better, better for rotors.