New Resonator Delete, Possibilty...

Hey all,

I'm interested in the stage 2 kit, but as chi mentioned he may not be selling a stage 2 kit. Sooo......

i've been piddling around all day and doing some measurements and decided to buy some parts today to make my own resonator delete kit, IF it works out and doesn't become too costly i may sell...but thats only if chi doesn't decide to sell his or gives me go ahead. i do not under any circumstances want to take away from chi's R&D on what he has made, he has just inspired me to do my own work.

The following is a 3in 1foot piece of aluminum, 4ply 45degree bend for coming off the throttle body, and two 3in Tbolt clamps.

the piping is going to be fitted with welded bungs for the 6 vacuum hoses. this is a trial fitment and will keep updated.

IPB Image

thats the course I was thinking of going, I assume your trying to tie it into the stage1 chi intake as well?

yes i'm gonna adapt it to the stage 1. i will be taking some measurements and hopefully having the bungs welded this week, i will get pics up asap if everything works out well.

Chi sent out my intake today so i will be getting that this wed or thursday, and going to be installing the tranny cooler this week, i will post up a lot of pics of everything so you guys can see.

Is there anyway you could make a detailed how-to for the tranny cooler? I'v had one sitting around for like 2 years, I'm not going to start guessing at lines to cut or how

as for the intake, you have the same idea I did, I was thinking maybe putting the connectors closer together,the stage 1 will have to be trimmed and another coupler added, or bend the stage 1 to connect with the MAF sensor, should be possible

ifit makes you work I would be very interested

Is there anyway you could make a detailed how-to for the tranny cooler? I'v had one sitting around for like 2 years, I'm not going to start guessing at lines to cut or how

as for the intake, you have the same idea I did, I was thinking maybe putting the connectors closer together,the stage 1 will have to be trimmed and another coupler added, or bend the stage 1 to connect with the MAF sensor, should be possible

ifit makes you work I would be very interested

I can take some pictures of the steps involved to install the cooler and detail the install as much as possible. Pictures are worth a 1000words, thats what we all need.

As far as the resonator delete, i will keep everyone informed and post some more pics up this week when i get the bungs welded. I"m just waiting for the stage 1 to get here for the trial and error part.

Im very interested in both

saint, I have a hayden (1678?? I believe) Its a pretty top of the line one and its perfect, about 10" long, maybe 5 high and 1 or less depth, painted black to match perfectly and cost me 45 bucks.

but I don't know exactly how or where to install it, and most importantly running the lines. Would have made an excellent MWM08 install

Im very interested in both

saint, I have a hayden (1678?? I believe) Its a pretty top of the line one and its perfect, about 10" long, maybe 5 high and 1 or less depth, painted black to match perfectly and cost me 45 bucks.

but I don't know exactly how or where to install it, and most importantly running the lines. Would have made an excellent MWM08 install

if weather permits this week since its always on/off raining in nw florida, i will get the tranny cooler and intake installed at same time. The cooler i bought was a hayden 1677, but you have to buy some extra hose about 8ft is what i'm getting shouldn't be more than 10 bucks.

Can anyone tell me where to fill the tranny, i haven't looked under the car yet....

go for it, i await the results.

fill the tranny through the dipstick plug, thats it, no fill cap.

tranny cooler is an easy install, route the lines through a spot of open space on the drivers side of the radiator under the coolant tank, dont route the lines under the car.

I live in pensacola fl,

once i get the stage 1 chi kit installed, i will go and have the bungs welded in the right spots on the tubing i bought, then hopefully everything should work.

As for the tranny, thanks for the info chi, i didn't know it was that simple to fill.

What kind of ATF fluid should i use?