Sunroof Issues

try opening it partway and seeing it will shut on its own, i bet its the limit switches, although im surprised bhr doesnt have some comment about sunlight from the roof fading the interior or something like that, and are you sure you're using super, if you arent i think thats whats happening, the low octane has gummed up the sunroof motor

Tis true. Bad termination and low voltage are another maintenance issue that most people don't think about. I spent half a day when i bought my car to make sure there were no huge voltage drops in the major electrical connections. The 2nd gen RX-7 had some really bad issues with cold solder joints on many boards and relays, as well as a weak electrical system.

well my battery died two days ago suddenly in the morning, it gave four revs of the starter, each weaker than the first, until it just clicked rapidly.

after the replacement the car starts strongly (it has always started quickly but after it 'catches' it would stumble a microscopic bit and settle out) and doesn't smoke anymore. Zero smoke, from one day to the next. and I have a noticeable increase in power. Wonder what made that happen...

put the correct gas in.

I'v had my optima red top for...er 5 years now?? so I don't remember, lucky for me it died one day in my garage, the rep top with 980 cranking amps has never once failed to start the mighty beast, in my jeep I have a yellow top about 3 years old, other people with older stock batteries have there starter going a bit slower

yes and no, a dying battery that doesn't hold a charge puts alot more stress on the alt, especially at idle and getting away from the line even under normal driving.

Even if you short the alternator (max load), it will supply 100amp at 15V which makes 150W= 0.2 hp. If alternator has 50% efficiency it would load the engine with 0.4hp. This is like eating the pancake before or after the drive :D