Alarm Won't Engage

aamerh

it seems like i've just got problems when I do post here. Sorry :(

yesterday my car alarm went off in the middle of the day infront of the house so I checked right away, no one there, went turned it off and everythings fine.

but since that happened when I lock the car it doesn't make the bell sound and the indicator light on the dash doesn't light up. When I unlock the car the light flashes for a second but thats it

do you guys have any idea what the problem might be or what I could try?

haha at least it still works. When i bought my millenia (used) The dealer gave me ONE key, ONE keyless entry and a set of keys/keyless that didnt even belong to my car, now if i unlock it from the driver side the alarm goes off so i have to go to the passenger side to unlock it. It's really a pain in the ass. My dad fixed the remote, then lost it, now i dont have the # to buy a new keyless, and god, if i lose my car key im screwed. I heard it was around 120 to get the milly key cut cuz its a "side winder" or something

I indeed like it, and not a fan that the 05-10 grand cherokee copied it.

the keys are nice, but bmw didn't start until later, it can cost around 80-120 to cut a key.

99milly - all you need to do is get 2 remotes and go TO A DEALER, they'll charge you like 50-85 bucks, but will program both remotes...You MIGHT, and I mean might be able to use the programming guide here

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1229

And try to program more remotes, all you need is a key for the ignition.

FYI - when I bought my millenia NEW it came with 3 remotes, 1 master key, 2 other keys, and a special metal plate with the key number cut on it to get a replacement if needed.

I indeed like it, and not a fan that the 05-10 grand cherokee copied it.

the keys are nice, but bmw didn't start until later, it can cost around 80-120 to cut a key.

99milly - all you need to do is get 2 remotes and go TO A DEALER, they'll charge you like 50-85 bucks, but will program both remotes...You MIGHT, and I mean might be able to use the programming guide here

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1229

And try to program more remotes, all you need is a key for the ignition.

FYI - when I bought my millenia NEW it came with 3 remotes, 1 master key, 2 other keys, and a special metal plate with the key number cut on it to get a replacement if needed.

3 remotes? wow i got screwed, this 2nd key doesnt even work, i dont even know what to do. That's expensive to get replaced, but might be the only thing to do!

for 97-00 you should be able to get a remote off ebay for around 20 bucks, buy 1, program, if it works you can get more, if not your only out 20 bucks.

You can also buy blank keys and get recut, but only a few places can do it.

What your describing to me sounds like the door, or atleast the lock has been replaced. all 3 of my keys will open both doors and start the car. I seem to remember the valet keys won't unlock the truck though. Master key has a black plastic thing on top, valet keys are just plain

my milly started doing this last week also. i already ordered a new remote because mine doesnt work all the time even after replacing the battery. When i unlock the car from the driver side it wont unlock the rear doors, just the front but the alatm also goes off and my hids flash!!. its like the milly doesnt even know she is being unlocked with a key....Seems to me like an electrical connection, anybody know how i can troubleshoot this issue??

also, how can i deactive the stock alarm system for now so that i can save my headlights?

eh, I bypassed the whole thing with my rewired fog, basically if I leave the switch on headlights will function normal, or turn it off and they won't kick on until I turn them on, some people might think its annoying, but I can run with fog lights only, and turning the lights off via the aux switch means the alarm will only flash the fogs

do you hold the key 2 seconds or so when you want it to unlock the other doors? If you just flick the key to mechanically disengage the lock and you open th door, sometimes the alarm doesnt get hte message and goess off. hold the key until you see hte SECURITY indicator stay on and the nlet it go