Help!! Where To Order Short Shaft For 2001 Millenia S

meng

It's called an intermediate shaft, comes out of the right side of the tranny, is bolted to the rear of the engine block with 3 screws, and the cv is popped into it.

The only place I can think of to get one for pretty cheap is incidentally in my dad's garage. I'm almost positive I have one sitting around that I have no use for. Although I'm not sure if it's for the milly or for a mx6. If you can send me some specs on it (or a detailed pic of yours) I'll compare to what I have and let you know. There are two critical measurements to have, the first is the total length, and the second is the spline count. I'll check to see what part number is stamped into it and let you know.

Sure you don't mean an axle shaft? I'm alittle confused.

frankzao did something like this if I remember.

http://www.parts.com/mazda/2001-mazda-millenia-parts.cfm

above link has a pretty good selection of parts, but no "short shaft" listed

They want $300 just for the bearing...fucking thieves.

that is what they told me at mazda part department. it was like 270 for the short shaft. plus 150 labor

It's called an intermediate shaft, comes out of the right side of the tranny, is bolted to the rear of the engine block with 3 screws, and the cv is popped into it.

The only place I can think of to get one for pretty cheap is incidentally in my dad's garage. I'm almost positive I have one sitting around that I have no use for. Although I'm not sure if it's for the milly or for a mx6. If you can send me some specs on it (or a detailed pic of yours) I'll compare to what I have and let you know. There are two critical measurements to have, the first is the total length, and the second is the spline count. I'll check to see what part number is stamped into it and let you know.

They want $300 just for the bearing...fucking thieves.

it may be call intermediate shaft but short shaft is what they told me at mazda department, it comes out of the right side of the tranny, and the cv is popped into it. it will be great if u can find out for me

Shit, I forgot to check and I was just at my dad's house. Wednesday night I'll swing by his place and take a look.

Saint, on the left side the cv axle goes directly into the diff, on the right side, there's an intermediate shaft, the intermediate goes into the tranny, and then the right cv slides onto the intermediate. It's actually a really good idea, otherwise you would need one long (generally unsupported) right axle. And those tend to fail much easier (shaft warps/twists).

Shit, I forgot to check and I was just at my dad's house. Wednesday night I'll swing by his place and take a look.

Saint, on the left side the cv axle goes directly into the diff, on the right side, there's an intermediate shaft, the intermediate goes into the tranny, and then the right cv slides onto the intermediate. It's actually a really good idea, otherwise you would need one long (generally unsupported) right axle. And those tend to fail much easier (shaft warps/twists).

Hmm then the intermed shaft is one piece solid bar right? How does it move if the tranny moves then? They need to support (bearing) the axle end as well? I never thought the total length of two axles is actually too short :)

I went and picked up the half-shaft, but I have no clue wether it's from a millenia, or mx6. The only markings I could find on it are K6 204 is cast into the support that houses the bearing. The one I have here is in perfect shape, looks nearly new (no bearing play, very tight) I just don't know if it will work for you. I cross refrenced it with my epc and nothing showed up. PM me your email address and I'll send you a picture of it, compare it to the one that's on your car.

I just checked, on the tranny side there's a 30 spline count on my axle, and on the cv side there's a 28 spline count.