Color Wash Mod

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....okay dokie then.....I see your new to HID's

what you want does not exist, sort of, if ebya or ricers tell you different there dirty chinks and have no idea what there talking about.

The "color" you see twinkling in oem hid's, 4300k color temp that is is an optical illusion, the color extends as a fine line along the cutoff of the beam and as the suspension moves and the car travels over surfaces that cutoff line goes in and out of your direct line of sight, causing the color.

SOME projectors, by which I mean hid retrofits can be modded in various ways to project a thicker band of color, but you cannot change the color so to speak. Some projectors, like the TSX ones people have used washers, regular out washers from home depot as spacers, moving the shield further away from the bowl of the projector.

Unless you have a custom HID retrofit and projectors that work like this then therei s nothing you can do. Even 4300k bulbs in factory projectors won't benefit from this.

What year is your car, and have you done any color mods?

I'm one of the few people with a retrofit, by far the most custom, I know for a fact I'm the only person with bixenons in a 95-00, and only 1 other person with an 01-02 I know of (don) has them.

My cutoff color has been generated first by the projectors used, combined with a gasket spacer mod, and a lense swap.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Avoid google, useless search engine, its not called a washer mod, just shield or cutoff mod, color mod etc.

explain to me how your retro is "by far the most custom"

well don, I have the only set of bixenons beside yourself, but you had projectorsI took the reflector of another car, custom trimmed and mounted it, created a cable system to hold and aim the bixenon projector, then tweaked and trimmed, then after all of that was done my projector itself is modded in several ways.

therefore its the most custom.

You could do a full on retrofit, basically cutting a hole in the baxk of your projector and mounting the projector, a might more complex, but actually its considered a true retrofit since most cars didn't use to come with projectors

Its been done on atleast a few millenia, none recently though. I'll have to really dig to see if I can find some pics, last one was 97millenia, and that was like 2003/4ish

tsx's projector still have color

steve - you are correct, my first retrofit used an S4 lense along with an ECE valeo projector that came with the housing, mounted ok, but it still takes some work, and a good bit of trimming through trial and error, the bixenon I had to mount the projector, trim it some, then basically just fab a way for the outer shroud/highbeam to be held onto the projector

steve - you are correct, my first retrofit used an S4 lense along with an ECE valeo projector that came with the housing, mounted ok, but it still takes some work, and a good bit of trimming through trial and error, the bixenon I had to mount the projector, trim it some, then basically just fab a way for the outer shroud/highbeam to be held onto the projector

Anytime don. Hey stevesters, how's you new baby treatin ya?

blah blah blah

Jeep needs

Alinement - 95

TC fluid change (damn deep water) - 15

Output seal - 18

oil change - 60

3 nails plugged(damn construction sites) - 75

new rear calipers - 130

You can buy a kit for about $10 to fix nail holes in tires. I have used it before and it works good, would save you $65.

Ford Fusion foglight projectors have amazing cutoff with the so called "colour wash".... I will get pics when I find my fucking camera... 4300K H11 55W slim ballst kit installed. Nice purple line at the top of pure white.

:wtf: are you talking about? They are 55W HID kit not projectors, the projectors are stock fog ones on the car. And they are not too much, the lights are incredible and light up the road in front exactly where they should. As the stock headlights on the Fusion are reflectors, I will not install HIDs, but rather am researching a proper retrofit.