Mce Gauges Installed...not As I Was Hoping For

The "Miller-Cycle Engine" logo lights up, but would be very hard ot just transplant since the rev/1000 etc and so forth is moved around. I thought about enlarging hole, but if I were to purchase a new tach I wouldn't be able to remove the needle to drill a hole, defeating the purpose.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to disassemble the needle but leave the stalk in place.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Miller-Cycle Engine" logo lights up, but would be very hard ot just transplant since the rev/1000 etc and so forth is moved around. I thought about enlarging hole, but if I were to purchase a new tach I wouldn't be able to remove the needle to drill a hole, defeating the purpose.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to disassemble the needle but leave the stalk in place.

What if you almost completely cut off the old plate on the new tach while leaving the needle in place, and don't cut out a small circle maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch across around the needle. Then enlarge the Miller Cycle tach plate hole and put it over like that. The needle would not have to be removed. For the needle, you can take the black piece in the center off, and there are two metal weights that look like slices of a washer inside, but the whole rest of the needle is a single clear plastic piece that goes to the metal pin.

not possible, I took apart my other one, I mean down to the core, tried enlarging the hole, cutting, pulling, everything, its just not possible.

the really weird thing is I don't know why removing the needle does anything, after taking it ALL the way apart inside the copper core there is a small magnet the needle goes through, this magnet has some grease on it and is free moving, with the base just sitting there. There is no reason it should restrict movement of the needle, just have the magnet alined, adjust needle and should be fine....but clearly thats not the way it works.

Sooo.....Im still looking for a MCE tach