If You Havent Seen Yet

:hmm:

While it would be cool, the Millenia is not correct with a 5-spd

There was a thread awhile back where someone had taken I believe a probe tranny and bolted it up, apparently probe and mx-6 guys like to swap into the much more powerful 2.3 or pick off pieces like larger injectors etc.

Its a shame the project looks so ghetto, I hope there not done.

None the less, I call it a worlds first

evolved no

and lat as you saw, I wasn't exactly praising it, it may be a 5-spd but it doesn't fit in with the image of a millenia, if you hada 5-spd S600 people would look at you like a retard

that being said ill say it again, the whole thing looks like a hack job, speedo doesn't work, tach is off, ghetto rat gauge duct tape added, and the car sounds like shit, or should I say like a ricer got hold of it

from reading he picked it up from a scrapyard for less than $500 then went to work on it. So its current condition was most probably due to its previous care. The sound is due to parts of the exhaust system not being connected back up yet.

umm no

Someone from the probe forums did it, one of the trannys is a direct bolt on, there is no custom motormounts or anything.

The car will of course run like total shit since you can't tune it, unlike people that have done the 2.5 5-spd swap and swap out ecu's

mx3-atlanta.com forums did it.

It just runs like shit and doesn't fit the car, also I don't see any way to make the gauge work without the proper tranny

Now the pedals, shifter, cables etc, and getting the millenia out of its safety mode - thats a big deal

umm no

Someone from the probe forums did it, one of the trannys is a direct bolt on, there is no custom motormounts or anything.

The car will of course run like total shit since you can't tune it, unlike people that have done the 2.5 5-spd swap and swap out ecu's

mx3-atlanta.com forums did it.

It just runs like shit and doesn't fit the car, also I don't see any way to make the gauge work without the proper tranny

Now the pedals, shifter, cables etc, and getting the millenia out of its safety mode - thats a big deal

People have bolted it up, but this is the first as far as I know that has been actually run on a Millenia body sucessfully, if not in any car body. And he did have to fabricate the passenger axle, a transmission mount, and the shift linkage. And a lot of parts had to be borrowed from other cars.

What is there to tune?? and the car is not in a 'safety mode'

The TCM is unplugged. There wouldn't be any tuning required because the engine still runs the same and the transmission transfers the power to the wheels. He now fixed the spedo.

The thing is whether ECU thinks it in the 1st gear and limits the boost or not..

The TCM is unplugged. There wouldn't be any tuning required because the engine still runs the same and the transmission transfers the power to the wheels. He now fixed the spedo.

The thing is whether ECU things it in the 1st gear and limits the boost or not..

That is a good point, I wonder how the ECU deals with that? He may be willing to put a boost gauge on to see what happens to boost. It is possible that it would not limit boost at all which could boost power, or the reverse might be true...

The thing is whether ECU things it in the 1st gear and limits the boost or not..

That is a good point, I wonder how the ECU deals with that? He may be willing to put a boost gauge on to see what happens to boost. It is possible that it would not limit boost at all which could boost power, or the reverse might be true...

From my previous experience I am sure it limits the boost. It usually does whatever it can to limit the power :D

Haha that is true. I posted and asked if he would check on the boost. There was one thing that did catch my attention though, he said that when you swap in a manual on a Mazda you unplug the TCM which tells the ECU/PCM that it is a manual transmission. There is a possibility that they left the option available for a manual transmission but never produced one. I don't really know that it makes a difference, hopefully he will check and confirm one way or another.

• 4 weeks later...