Jet Black Car Covers

Why is this so hard to find. I'm looking for a Jet black indoor car cover to place on the millenia inside its carcapsule. I can get a generic one for 30 bucks in gray, but the cheapest black ones are crazy crazy expensive, like carcapsule price but none of the benefits.

New garage has a window and I will not tolerate sunlight coming near the millenia. For 300+ dollars I might as well trade in my capsule and spend an extra hundred for the outdoor reflective version. But thats a giant hassle.

I found one company that for 295 I can get a jet black, indoor cover with "Millenia" custom embroided in Miller-cycle engine green. Nice, but if anyone knows where I can find a BLACK cover designed for UV protection for under 150 please let me know, thanks.

Blinds allow light in, this is unacceptable. The windows cannot be covered as they are both a side window that is unreachable and in the garage door themselfs.

Other then perhaps a 2 week break during moves and when the millenia is out the capsule has run 24/7/365 for what will be 4 years in march. Other then the outside getting a bit dirty and no real way to clean it inside I have had ZERO issues. Let me say again, ZERO issues.

On the website carcapsule inc claims the original prototypes are still in use today 20+ years later. I mean lets face it, the PVC triple wall mil vinyl plastic will last for thousands and thousands of years, the zipper is heavy duty and not that much action anyway, the fan and everything is held on by thick velco and the fan is a simple 12v fan a bit larger then something you might find in a large desktop. The only thing I do is clean the filter out now and then.

That being said, I think the sun will outlast the capsule and I will not tolerate sunlight. I have a cover that is extremely soft and light, but I can see through it which means sunlight can get through it.

I really want a fleece or cashmere lined jet black cover. Easy to find but none in a price range thats half decent. For comparison, the exact cover OEm for aston martin costs less then these aftermarket ones.

Why the F do they suddenly cost so much and why the piss do 99% of covers come in that boring ass grey

It never struck my mind sunlight filtered through glass could be harmful to a vehicle as long as temperature doesn't get beyond hot...

I'm pleased I was able to even wash my car properly before storage now that the Bimmer is officially running again. I'm however not pleased with the fender damage while the Bimmer was officially a nonrunner. Maybe I can send a claim to BMW in Germany to cover the expenses?

xedos - did it suffer damage from sitting in the sunlight or heat?

And yes, sunlight is murder, granted paint is better then some plastics but I want the millenia sitting in total darkness as it use to. Sunlight has destroyed many non automotive plastic items, couches, etc all from sitting in the sunlight behind windows. I had an SNES that is forever a yellow faded color after sitting next to a window where it didn't even receive direct sunlight.

My Xedos has coped with the sunlight, the only thing I can point out is that the leather on top of the back seat, towards the deck isn't as soft to touch as the rest of the areas. Part from that the interior is decent, just normal wear and tear for a 200k km car.

The fender damage was caused by a female member of my family. Nuff said. When I think about it, rather too much said :whistling:

sun does plenty of damage, what is the difference between your inner door pillars and outer paint, I remember on the dakar yellow bmw's it was INSANE the difference. The jeep has a slight difference and it hasa metallic paint, millenia I'm proud to say is perfect, as I must keep it.

Rear headreats you speak of are still in perfect condition. Helped by 20% tint of course

Correct, could be useful in winter as this garage is only semi heated....will work on that as well. For outdoor use a black cover would not be ideal.

However it would block much more light. Many outdoor covers designed for UV protection are silver and semi reflective. This looks kind of trashy and not what im interested.

Does anyone have a lead on this?

Our Plushweave car cover is the only true 100% cotton car cover you will find. Other manufacturers carry a poly-cotton material that is not nearly as soft or breathable. Made of 100% cotton fabric, the Plushweave cover has an added pure cotton flannel lining for paint pampering protection. Its ultra dense construction does a superior job of cushioning against scratches and dings. Perfect for both indoor and fair weather use; it does an excellent job against sun, dew, pollutants and is treated with 3M Scotchgard for light water repellency. The special construction allows the fabric to remain breathable which aids in air-drying and heat reduction to keep your vehicle cooler. Each cover is tailor-made to your exact needs and guaranteed to never scratch. Not recommended for extended outdoor storage. 2-year limited warranty. Our soft, flannel lined Plushweave material is also available for motorcycle applications. Available in Grey or Black. Made in the U.S.A.

That would be my choice, around 290 shipped with "Millenia" custom embroided in MCE green, cover in black, indoor use, AND since its a custom made cover they will make a custom extra spacing for factory spoiler as well as nav antenna or exhaust. Good value but still expensive

They also offer reflective stripping....possibly even in a tron-style layout, but no need for that

http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_find3.aspx