My Milly Hit 300k And Still Going

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm the first to hit 300K, :)

All original engine,tranny, etc. no rebuilds, I change the oil every 3K

Over the years I have had to change the valve cover gaskets, lots of sensors, timing belt a few times, water pump (while I changed out timing belt) . changed out the axles at 100K, and recently the knock sensor which was a P.I.T.A. to change out.

It burns 1/2 qt of oil between changes and still get's 26MPG

Overall it's been a great car if you ignore the CEL that goes on for no reason. LOL

My daughter will be getting he license soon so I'll let her learn on it.

I actually think your the first to hit 300k in a 2.5, a few S's have done it but this is certainly the first 2.5

Do tell, original tranny, engine, any rebuilds? oil used and how often do you change it, anything else special?

Ha Ha, That's awesome. maybe I can get 400K out of it.

When we bought it, We were thinking of getting the 2.3. then decided against it.

I found out later on that the 2.5 is the same engine that was in the ford probe. knowing that I didn't think I'd get 100K out of it.

like I said it's been a great over all car, not much money put in to it over the years.

quote name='///BHRpowered' date='Mar 23 2012, 01:37 AM' post='305642']

Nope, can't find any record of someone with a 2.5 hitting 300k. Camel hit 300k in a 95 S years ago, a few other S's around 250/300k but no 2.5's. I think the highest mileage 2.5 I'v seen was maybe 200 before a tranny replacement

• 2 weeks later...

You better not be starting down some hippie road where you claim "oh if you go to 5 or 10k then your using X less oil and its cheaper" blah blah blah

These costs mean nothing. It doesn't matter what your driving your still going to, in your life time put maybe a million miles on the road, so in your LIFE you'll spend thousands and thousands on oil changes alone. Just remember that whole time your spending money on oil changes but NOT a car payment your coming out ahead

It will be interesting to see how many miles current cars on the road get, as they are built better overall - but at the same time with hippy pressure there claiming longer oil change intervals. Ironically enough those better build qualities and tighter tolerances are much more at risk from lack of oil changes then ever before.

• 2 weeks later...