Why Can't Led's Be Like This

Today I received a :shifty: package for my upcoming jeep that I may have this weekend.

4 blue police LED strobes, 2 white strobe lights, red and blue strobe led visor clip on, and siren :shifty:

all told only ran me 280, went to test it off just clipping it on my jeep now, and god damn. These leds are near blinding even at 40 feet or so, I mean they'll be less when put behind tinted windows, but god damn it, why can't this technology be put into drop in bulbs

I notice in day-to-day life that the LED traffic lights and railway signals we have here are pretty insanely bright too.

It all depends on the LED type and the number of them. Even the Tower bulb does not use the highest flux LED type that comes in that size (probably for cost reasons) so is compromised.

The bottom line is that only a custom retrofit will enable that kind of brightness, but the bulbs are slowly getting better...

The ones on your M are designed for high speed Autobahn recognition. Therefore need to be bright, I always liked that bright pinkish hue that the brake lights of a TRUE Euro car have. Need to be seen!

The North American market is driven by whiny as liberals, and cost cutting. Also, we do not travel at Autobahn speeds legally and therefore have no requirement for high visiblity lighting. Huge difference in reaction times from 110 km/hr and 240 km/hr. If anyone cannot figure the speeds out... go look at your speedometer

This is true, but on a Millenia there is a way around it ;)

Just a bit of rewiring so that on 'low', only 2 of the 4 rear bulbs are illuminated. On high, those 2 bulbs will go to full brightness and be supplemented by the remaining 2. I'll have to think about this...

Also if you want pink, shine a white LED through the red tail light lense. Unfortunately it wouldn't be the brightest thing around though.

first of all, I hate pink, 2nd of all, I have actually seen what you speak of on an 01 millenia.

just some guy on the road, regular bulbs, on low only the outer lenses were lite, and then when braking the inner ones came on full and hte outers went high. While this would work, I'm not sure how I full about it as I have already spent so much to convert to the 01-2 look.

on a 95-00 I would do it however

or do the opposite. Make is so all are on low, and when the brake pedal is pushed only the outer ones go high. While this isn't quite the same effect, it well atleast give a reference for high and low