Fuck I Hate

Renboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full story:

As most of you know Deb's (my fiancee's) milly died. It blew an exhaust valve due to oil consumption (blown s/c seals). So I swappd the engine. And since day one the swap went almost perfectly...almost. I've been battling the stupid TCS & TCS OFF lights since the swap. So I did what was expected, I changed the solenoids with some spare ones that I had lying around. Still no good. Then I changed the vacuum hoses one by one...again...the fucking christmas tree appeared. Back to square one, test each solenoid individually both electrically (resistance and switch) and mechanically (testing to see if and where vacuum would flow when power was applied). All solenoids passed and I again replaced each vacuum hose...one...by...fucking...one. Again, same shit. Now since the milly is hardly driven this has been an ongoing battle for a long ass time.

So we now want to sell the milly, and couldn't do onto others as other have done...I wanted the car working perfectly before it was sold. So, got the windshield replaced, ordered new brakes (to be installed after it's sold so they don't rust), and got it cleaned well (that is something I will always pay someone else to do). When I went to pick it up from the cleaning place they told me after cleaning it it wouldn't start. I knew the battery was on it's way out so I trid to boost it, no go. So I attached the code reader and tried again. It fired up, but with the hold light flashing. Perfect, I now had the angel that was missing on top of the christmas tree. Since the code reader I have can't read tranny codes, off to mazda it went. The result, they told me what I told them. First they told me there was a P1540 in memory (not why, just that it was there) and there was also a pressure solenoid problem in the tranny and to take it to Mr.Transmission since Mazda doesn't and CAN'T fix Mazda trannys. They said they cleared the codes and only the tranny code came back after taking it for a test drive. Then they asked for $103 for the diagnosis. At which point I asked to speak to the head mechanic who's been there for 13 years. I asked him if it was possible that the tranny code was the result of pressure washing the engine and one of the connectors coming loose. His response (this is priceless) "I don't know if it's possible, I never work on anything transmission related, you should take it to Mr. Transmission, they're just up the street."

It's a good thing I don't own a gun.

So I hobbled the milly home...fuck Mazda, and fuck Mr. Transmission. Back under the fucking hood. Found all the connectors for the tranny, disconnected them, cleaned with contact cleaner, and reconnected. At this point the angel at the top of the tree had disappeared...though the christmas tree was still there.

So last week I wanted to get this done with, but remembered I broke my vacuum pump (hand held). So I ordered a new one, and was fucking determined. I waited a week, no pump, so today I decided to put my colourful vacuum diagram to use. I discovered the problem. When I replaced the vacuum hoses (both times), I didn't use a vacuum diagram since I couldn't find it and just replaced one hose at a time so I wouldn't fuck shit up. This was the erroneous assumption. Today I found, that a bunch of the hoses were in the wrong spot. I was actually quite surprised that the engine even ran, because one of the hoses was for the fpr. Anyhow, removed the hoses, and replaced them...again...putting them in their appropriate places. Now came the moment of truth, the test drive.

Let it warm up for a couple minutes, pulled out of the garage and saw a package at the front door. Insult to injury, the pump's at the door. So I slowly drive away. The longer I drove, the faster and harder I drove. TCS flashing...shit...fuck...I hate this fucking car.

Wait, I'm on snow, it should come on. Let off the gas, the light promptly disappeared.

Success!!!

And now I must get the emissions test done, safetied, and sold. I quit smoking about 2 months ago, without any problems...except when I have to work on the damn milly. Every time that car comes in the garage the first thing I do is reach for cigarettes. Hopefully today I worked on the car for the last time.

End rant.

:hmm: a very intrigung story, but now that it runs so well why sell it.

And how is it that you can get the vacuum lines messed up doing it 1 at a time, since I was going to do this some day from the exact method you choose it rather concerns me that there are boobie traps and false connectors to trick people

Because I got the engine with the vac lines all fucked up. The engine came out of a brilliant black '00 millenuim edition milly that was killed in an accident. I'm starting to wonder if it was an 'accident', or the owner of the car was sick of the shit that I just went through and committed vehicular homicide and insurance fraud. A road worth travelling when things go astray with this car.

And the reason to sell it is, we don't need it, and are saving up to buy a house. Not to mention the insurance on that car is double that of any other car in it's price category.

I'm probably going to list it on autotrader and craigslist for $5500 obo. That includes etest and safety. And like I said earlier it has brand new tires, new brakes, new battery, new windshield, new fluids, new plugs, some skin off my knuckles and my blood. I think I'll also include a 6-month labour warranty, where if anything goes wrong, they bring the part, and I'll install it.

As for vac, unless the book is wrong then it's perfect. I spent nearly 6 hours replacing, checking, and double checking all the hoses yesterday. That's about 3 hours longer than it normally takes.

Took it for an etest today:

.....................asm2525..................curb idle

..................Limit....Result.............Limit....Result

HC ppm........55.........8.................150.........7

CO%...........0.31.....0.05..............0.70.......0.01

NO ppm........408.......4..................NA.........NA

I had no idea the milly would love 4 month old mid-grade so much.

Why would I add anything? I let the numbers speak for themselves. I hate when I hear about people adding crap to their gas, going on long ass drives, and changing every fluid/filter in their car, and plugs just before going for an etest. I do it eau-naturelle, get in car, don't change shit, and drop it off. That way I know what's actually happening on a daily basis. For instance, I look at the numbers and see that my NOx level is 1/100th of what it can be, yet the HC is only 1/7th. To even these out one might suggest lower octane fuel, this will burn more reducing the HC's, but burn hotter, increasing NOx.

Troy, when's your next etest, we may have to do a little 'test' of our own?

Motherfucker..........................I better double-check the vaccum hoses with the diagram I have in the service manual. When I replaced the lines, I did the same thing. One at a time, assuming they were all where they should have been to begin with.

Cleaner always does the trick but WOW Ren that had to be a pain to go thru all of that.

Yeah, and to top it off, last night I was talking to my dad and told him about the etest and that I'd listed the car in auto trader. His response "since it's running so well and you know the car {he meant mechanically} so well why bother selling it?"

An ambulance had to be called.

Why would I add anything? I let the numbers speak for themselves. I hate when I hear about people adding crap to their gas, going on long ass drives, and changing every fluid/filter in their car, and plugs just before going for an etest. I do it eau-naturelle, get in car, don't change shit, and drop it off. That way I know what's actually happening on a daily basis. For instance, I look at the numbers and see that my NOx level is 1/100th of what it can be, yet the HC is only 1/7th. To even these out one might suggest lower octane fuel, this will burn more reducing the HC's, but burn hotter, increasing NOx.

Troy, when's your next etest, we may have to do a little 'test' of our own?

I am overdue... but not sure when I will find the time to do it.

Cleaner always does the trick but WOW Ren that had to be a pain to go thru all of that.

Yeah, and to top it off, last night I was talking to my dad and told him about the etest and that I'd listed the car in auto trader. His response "since it's running so well and you know the car {he meant mechanically} so well why bother selling it?"

An ambulance had to be called.

Bahahahahahaha

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/