Shinta786

Shinta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

I have a Xedos 9 from 1996.
I have a problem. The antenna doesn't work!
It won't pull out. I opened my trunk and removed the plastic from the sides and saw the antenna ending in a black cilindral box (engine?). When I put on the radio I hear the engine making a click click krrrrrrrr and stop.
I guessed something is blocked, but don't know how to remove the antenna. And I dont dare to pull, lol.
Anyone some info abt this?
Pics also welcome
[_L_Z_]___S_h_i_n_t_a___S_t_u_d_i_o_s___l_t_d_.

#2 ///BHRpowered

///BHRpowered

Renegade Super Villain

• Forefathers
  • 92,128 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

eh, depends.

if its clicking there are 1 of 2 problems, its blocked, or worse, the motor has gone bad.

if its the first you need to have someone turn on the radio while you pull it out, once all the way out, either unplug it so it won't go back in, or leave the radio on, wash and wax the antenna, or grease it whatever.

if the motor is gone, you'll need to take the motor out and replace, which can be costly and time consuming, but iv never done it perfectly so I can't give you a step by step guide
Mazdaworld Federation - General/"Underboss"

2000 Millenia S...It's a car with stuff in it
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee...4.7, Limited, Quadra-Drive, Loaded.
2005 Audi S4...V8, 6spd, miltek
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee...5.7 Hemi, Overland, '14 LED headlights coming soon
2005 ZX-6rr...Muzzy, power commander 3, bixenons
1987 GPZ500...Vance Hines, full led, bixenons
2013 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder...possible twin turbo?
"You have entered, BHR's world. Proceed at your own risk" - MCfrank/zaocaddy
"BHR is more correct than you could imagine." - Troutman
"I guess we all proved BHR right.....again....." - Frankzao
QUOTE(SKI @ Apr 27 2006, 01:26 AM) View Post

First of all, we are smart enough to know that BHR doesn't really exist, he is an illusion in all our minds....

"The perfect weapon for terrorising Veyrons!"

#3 Jdubs99

Jdubs99

• Supporters
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:My Car, Hitting the Gym, My Family, Fishing, Car Shows, Car Audio and Electronics, Computer Games, Occasional Partying

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Not a bad install at all. The leads for power and activation of the motor can be used from the original. Best Buy has a universal power antenna for 60 bucks. All you need to do is match the closest fitting grommets to factory as possible, try to space out the bottom mounting point to vertical as possible, and your done. You might want to silicon the bottom portion of the antenna mounting surface for added water protection.
"They ain't trippin on the flowmasters.." - Bubb Rubb
Who Dat Ninja? - Tracy Jordan
Who drives 70 miles roundtrip for a six-pack??? ME.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2417405

#4 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:49 AM

How did it go?
Mazdaworld Federation - Special OPs Unit
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice

#5 Shinta786

Shinta786

Shinta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:09 AM

actually.......the antenna stopped making sound (it doesn't even move now).
I guess buying a new antenna would be great, but 60 BUCKS?! I thought an antenna should cost something like $10-$20.lol
I will live without antenna.
Maybe going to a Xedos graveyard and looking for a working one should be a good solution.

Thnx again

#6 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

I had to get a secondhand aerial for my car... replaced the mast with a new one at the same time.
Mazdaworld Federation - Special OPs Unit
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice

#7 Shinta786

Shinta786

Shinta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

I bought a little antenna (3cm long) with more power than the original one.
I just have to get the old one OUT, it wont come out.
Any one knows how?

#8 The Only MTS

The Only MTS

Evil Supremely Supercharged

• Staff
  • 43,320 posts
  • Interests:my milly, and mountain biking.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:30 AM

AT the top on the outside I think there is a ring (chrome) that has a slot on either side? This needs to come off, then inside all the bolts need to come out and the unit goes down inside the trunk. But I am not 100% to the details with Mazda, just thinking of the power antenna on my BMW, as my Milly has it in the glass.
Mazdaworld Federation - Enforcer
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
Sadly sold to another.... but I am still the same prick.

QUOTE(Saint @ Oct 14 2008, 12:26 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Frankzao @ Oct 13 2008, 09:06 PM) View Post

BHR has not learned that driving a milly can also be fun........he still thinks it can't tow, remember?

Tow? He thinks it is made of sugar and melts in the rain :)

#9 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

I had my antenna out once to clean it and lube it up, but I can't remember dismantling the chrome ring. I believe I just unbolted the part inside and pulled it downwards. Not sure though, may have dismantled the ring as well. Easily done with plyers for dismantling lock rings anyway. Two or three bolts in there, easy job. I remember someone describing how to change the wire inside the antenna in some thread on MW.org. Supposed to be a cheap fix I remember.
The engineers hoped to modify the boot lid in order to minimize wind resistance.The easiest method involved attaching
a rear spoiler, though that would detract from the vehicle's lines.
Alternatively, the lip of the lid could be enlarged, though that would require significant more work. Naturally, the team chose the second approach, and set to work in a wind tunnel lab in Miyoshi. A while later, they emerged with the hoped-for design, which was both aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing...

2000 Xedos 9 2,5. Stock features: push-a-button retract mirrors, 1500 kg towing capasity, tranny cooler, rear swaybar, pollen filter, roof rack mounts.

Ported heads, knifeedged IM, dropin K&N with wheelwell airduct.

IPB Image