Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

2001 Mazda Millenia S, Brilliant Black, 140k miles
QUOTE(Xedosman @ Apr 4 2009, 01:38 PM) View Post
I wouldn't want to discuss car design with females and people with rear spoilers unless the spoiler is stock.

QUOTE(///BHRpowered @ Jul 20 2011, 04:07 PM) View Post
I like my idea.

#2 Goliath

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

AIR BAGS..... no air bag deployment... where r the blood stains of the driver on the steering wheel
IPB Image

98 Milly
5% tint back windshield, 20% back windows
95-96 headlights, 6000k 35 Watt HID headlights, 6000k 55 Watt HID foglights, 99-00 tail lights
6x9 Boston Acoustic Speakers, .... ,
Chimera SRI and CAI (by Yel-low)
WE DEMAND THE TROUT TO RETURN AND ALL THAT DO , ADD THIS IN YOUR SIG!

#3 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Yeah the airbags noidea.gif

I would say the seat belt saved some life but it doesnt seem to work properly either..

I wouldn't want to discuss car design with females and people with rear spoilers unless the spoiler is stock.

I like my idea.

#4 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

The impact was not hard enough to employ the airbags. Simple as that.
The engineers hoped to modify the boot lid in order to minimize wind resistance.The easiest method involved attaching
a rear spoiler, though that would detract from the vehicle's lines.
Alternatively, the lip of the lid could be enlarged, though that would require significant more work. Naturally, the team chose the second approach, and set to work in a wind tunnel lab in Miyoshi. A while later, they emerged with the hoped-for design, which was both aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing...

2000 Xedos 9 2,5. Stock features: push-a-button retract mirrors, 1500 kg towing capasity, tranny cooler, rear swaybar, pollen filter, roof rack mounts.

Ported heads, knifeedged IM, dropin K&N with wheelwell airduct.

IPB Image

#5 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Xedosman @ Sep 19 2009, 02:35 PM) View Post
The impact was not hard enough to employ the airbags. Simple as that.

Not hard? There is a broken axle and the crash sensor in the bumper is destroyed.

I like my idea.

#6 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

I don't think the crash sensor is in the bumper. My old man was in a similar accident with his Mazda 6, it was beyond driveable but none of the airbags were employed and he walked out unharmed, just abit sore from the belt.

Look at the pics, the main impact seems to have hit the right front wheel, apparently the front frame members are not much damaged.
Times when airbags employed in parking lots is history now.
The engineers hoped to modify the boot lid in order to minimize wind resistance.The easiest method involved attaching
Alternatively, the lip of the lid could be enlarged, though that would require significant more work. Naturally, the team chose the second approach, and set to work in a wind tunnel lab in Miyoshi. A while later, they emerged with the hoped-for design, which was both aerodynamic and aesthetically pleasing...

2000 Xedos 9 2,5. Stock features: push-a-button retract mirrors, 1500 kg towing capasity, tranny cooler, rear swaybar, pollen filter, roof rack mounts.

IPB Image

#7 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

hmm.gif

I like my idea.

#8 Goliath

Goliath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

not hard enough.... the car has half a fender... the other half is bent inwards... but then again cars aren't the same material and damage with a fly standing on them.
IPB Image

98 Milly
5% tint back windshield, 20% back windows
95-96 headlights, 6000k 35 Watt HID headlights, 6000k 55 Watt HID foglights, 99-00 tail lights
6x9 Boston Acoustic Speakers, .... ,
Chimera SRI and CAI (by Yel-low)
WE DEMAND THE TROUT TO RETURN AND ALL THAT DO , ADD THIS IN YOUR SIG!

#9 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

Interesting.
Mazdaworld Federation - Special OPs Unit
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice

#10 AngelOfDeath

AngelOfDeath

The Good AOD

• Supporters
  • 21,620 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

and to think someone on this forum is going to buy a speed 3 , hmmm i would rethink about it now if it was me.

#11 Xedosman

Xedosman

Towing member

• Supporters
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

The Mazda 3 is a decent car in its class, for those daring to buy a piece of shit 03 onwards Mazda.
But is not an upgrade from a Millenia. It is like claiming a single bedroom flat on 3rd floor without elevator is an upgrade from a 4 bedroom house with a huge garden.

IPB Image

#12 Synesthesia

Synesthesia

Large and in charge

• Root Admin
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

Crash sensors are not located in the bumper, instead they are further back and calibrated to 25-35mph. When you remove a bumper cover they are usually bare.

-The Joker
Mazdaworld Federation - Commander In Chief / "The Godfather"

"In an Alex Ross-drawn, Paul Dini-penned thesis, psychiatrists ponder that perhaps the Joker is sane and fakes insanity to keep himself out of prison. It is suggested that he is completely in control of himself but is a savage sadist, and uses his disfigurements as an excuse to terrify and murder his victims. Ironically, the doctor who came up with this theory was Harlene Quinzel, whom Joker later transformed into his insane accomplice, Harley Quinn."

"Grant Morrison's graphic novel Asylum suggests that the Joker's mental state is in fact a previously unprecedented form of 'super-sanity', a new mode of perception to cope with the insanity of the times."

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale blue moonlight?"

2004 Mazda6 V6 5-spd -_- 2006 RX-8

#13 Troutman

Troutman

--------------------

• Staff
  • 38,842 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

don.jpg
Mazdaworld Federation - Special OPs Unit
"The silver glow of the starlight in the night sky forever beckons us to a far greater reality; it is only in death that we accept the invitation." -The Great Troutman, Nov 18, 2008
'07 Holden Caprice