The saga begins

Jallan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if you need more... I have 6 coil packs.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they all working? How much do you want for three of them?

PM with details and I will cancel the order I made ASAP

I thank you. Before I had gotten the P0300 (random misfire) I had gotten P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire) twice. I don't know if it's bad or not, but the car does sound like it's running on five cylinders. Should I need more than what I have ordered, I shall certainly let you know. Would a faulty knock sensor make the engine run like it were running on five cylinders?

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I changed cylinder 2 coil pack, fired it up, and............shit! Firing on 5 cylinders. :angry2: Went back and double checked it, and I didn't plug in cylinder 1 coil pack harness :don: (Make sure you double-check everything ;)) Re-connected #1 and now she sounds good :thumbup1:

One more code, P0325 (knock sensor) Not looking forward to replacing that :sigh:

I finally changed the knock sensor. Damn that was fun.......NOT. I haven't finished reassembly yet. Supercharger is back in and all that is left is the intercoolers and the abv actuator setup. Will complete the assembly when I get another day off. The old knock sensor was toast. I can see why it would throw the code immediately after clearing all stored codes. Checked resistance on it (now that I have the workshop manual with all the specs) and it was dead. So far total cost (without my labor, which is of course free) is at $1600 for car and various parts. Still doing okay, considering it has low milage and a pristine interior, and a pretty darned nice factory paint job. No rust on the body or undercarriage, either.

I finally changed the knock sensor. Damn that was fun.......NOT. I haven't finished reassembly yet. Supercharger is back in and all that is left is the intercoolers and the abv actuator setup. Will complete the assembly when I get another day off. The old knock sensor was toast. I can see why it would throw the code immediately after clearing all stored codes. Checked resistance on it (now that I have the workshop manual with all the specs) and it was dead. So far total cost (without my labor, which is of course free) is at $1600 for car and various parts. Still doing okay, considering it has low milage and a pristine interior, and a pretty darned nice factory paint job. No rust on the body or undercarriage, either.

PLEASE make sure the vacuum lines are as per diagrams... ;)