Burning Oil?

i dont remember this ever being discussed specifically so:

please post these details about your milenis/xedos 9/eunos 800:

what year and model is your millenia?

how many mile on your car?

are you burning oil?

how much oil are you burning?

what kind of oil are you using?

how often/how many miles between oil changes?

my situation:

00 S 48k miles

first oil change as owner, burned 1/2 quart after 2,000 miles

10W30 synthetic

i will def be changing the oil every 3k as the new owner...

00 S 190,000 kms

10W30 Full Synthetic Pennzoil

sometimes the milly will dine on a litre of oil but usually only if I miss the every 5000km oil change by 500.... seems odd but if it crosses 5000km it loses a litre.

My 00 2,5 with 132000 km's on the clock will consume about one litre of fully synthetic Castrol (currently 5W/40 Magnatec) in 10000 km's, maybe slightly more before swapping at 15000km, but I always am on minimum level before a swap :whistling:

It has always used the same; 46000 km's when I got her under my daily care.

And just for the record; ALL piston engines uses some oil. But soot is added, therefore dipstick reading might not decrease too much during short milage oilchanges.

*reserves comment about BHR*

Xedos, I thought I would be the only one on here that goes more than 15k between oil changes. I do however use an oversized filter, and change that at the halfway point (8-10k). Then top up what came out with the filter.

Actually can't reserve comment. Why in the hell do you change synthetic oil so frequently? You've completely eliminated any benefits to using synthetic.

*reserves comment about BHR*

Xedos, I thought I would be the only one on here that goes more than 15k between oil changes. I do however use an oversized filter, and change that at the halfway point (8-10k). Then top up what came out with the filter.

Actually can't reserve comment. Why in the hell do you change synthetic oil so frequently? You've completely eliminated any benefits to using synthetic.

Lol, I maintain all my engines the best I can. Why would my 2,5 need more frequent oilchanges than every 15k km? On high quality fully synthetic Castrol? Running no short trips whatsoever? What the hell, the KL even has 24 oilchange indicators, starting to make noise if even close to neglect. I've not experienced a single tic yet ;)

You sir are a centipede. Only that can put sooo many feet in it's mouth. This isn't the 50's, and you're not putting crude oil in your engine.

Step 1: Learn to read/write

Step 2: Read how often synthetic oil is supposed to be changed

Step 3: Follow oil change instructions.

Most people have referred to me as the reaper, but never a centipede

1. learn to accept what is common langauge in an open forum vs proper accredation

2. It doesn't break down in as short a time, but it still gets DIRTY, this is why the more then 3k oil change is utter bullshit, I don't brush my teeth with yesterdays water.

3. I do, but why should I spend almost 2 hours of my time when I can have trusted mechanics do it (btw, in the state of virginia you legally cannot even drain oil unless your ase certified) and have the entire car checked over top to bottom

1. It makes it impossible to noobs to search if everything is misspelled, and it's fucking annoying to read.

2. Why do BMW's have a countdown built into them reminding drivers when to have their oil changed, that countdown starting at 25k (kms)? Don't even try to say you know more about cars than BMW (or a five year old for that matter).

3. Bullshit

http://www.deq.state.va.us/tanks/disposal.html