Whats Wrong...

Ok heres the prob...ever since ive gotten my 2000L it has had the CEL P0400 Egr...slowly ibe been loosing hella gas mileage but I cant afford to have it fixed at the moment...also my upper radiator hose needs to be change it has a small leak...other than that my car is fine...yea right today my CEL started to flash? why? and when my car is like waiting at the light it starts to shake and rattle and vibrate...why...also when I accelerate it hesitates and kinda skips and proceeds...could anyone give me some insight to this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe.

Can I go ahead and assume that the flashing CEL is a direct result of my P0400 or could something else be attributing to it..does the flashing mean theres another code too or the one code you have has gotten worse? whats the best way to check if its a vac leak? im going to get my codes repulled..

take it to a mech and atleast get the codes pulled... bring them back here and renboy will let u know

Codes From autozone

p0170

p0173

p0300

p0400

p1170

damn this doesnt look good!

[ipdate] i just took a look at my air intake hose and it has a pretty good sized crack in it. if that helps]

that crack will prolly be the reason why ur acceleration is hesitant. i had the same shit too and after being replaced, my acceleration was back

where can i find a a new one for cheap and is it hard to put on or do i need a pro to do it? anyone else have any thought for those other codes?

Your fuel trim and egr are vacuum controlled, that eliminates 3 codes. Random misfire can definitely be attributed to an egr that's open when it's not supposed to be, that's 4 down. And for number 5, I don't know what that code is, and don't feel like looking. Someone post what it is.

Your fuel trim and egr are vacuum controlled, that eliminates 3 codes. Random misfire can definitely be attributed to an egr that's open when it's not supposed to be, that's 4 down. And for number 5, I don't know what that code is, and don't feel like looking. Someone post what it is.

what do you mean its controlled...what needs to be dont to fix these?

P1170 HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 1 Circuit Fixed (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

It seems it fixed something and throw a code for it

What the hell is it :noidea:

go to autozone or pepboys and buy that plastic piece for like 20 bucks. its in the ricer section. i would then take it, paint it matte black and replace that ugly hose with it. thats what did except i just removed the entire airbox and put a cone filter instead. if u are located in the nj/ny area, i can even do it for u free of charge.

Lat was correct. Change the o2 and hopefully that code will disappear. By controlled I meant, controlled. Vacuum hoses have, well...vacuum. Solenoids control the flow of vacuum, and that vacuum controls things like abv shutters, fuel pressure regulators, egr, etc. If the flow of vacuum is disturbed, by say a broken vacuum connection, then everything controlled by vacuum starts to throw codes. Now, vacuum opens the egr valve, if not close when it's supposed to be closed, then it pours co2 into the cylinders and prevents detonation, hence the egr and misfire codes. If it doesn't get to the fuel pressure regulator, then you'll end up running either lean or rich, and since it will happen on all cylinders, it will trigger fuel trim errors...as it did.

what kind of test can they administer to see if its a vak leak or should a good mechanic know from the codes being thrown from the OBD?.

PS....my car was giving the EGR MAF code b4 it started throwing the vacuum leak code so which one would be the culprit to the problem?