Finally, A Cai For The S...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have received the correct invoice...paid and talked to the guy and was promised the correct items will be shipped out tomorrow. FINALLY. ground shipping, probably 5-7 days, hopefully i will have intakes to ship in 10 days....

and as far as shipping to OZ, i will be happy to check. the intake (without filter) packs up nicely, it fits in what i would describe as a large shoe box. shouldn't be too bad.

Chi, how much does the kit weigh when in a box (best guess is fine for now) and does that include filter or not?

I can then use www.usps.com to calculate postage. Actually, if it weighed 7 pounds, postage is between $37 & $45 depending on options.

Let's see, that means with todays exchange rate, $240 = AU$285. hmm...

Not right now, I have to get some paint & body repaiers first ($1k)

I'm going to listen to that sound file later though (our 2 year old has just gone to bed)

G.

Chi, how much does the kit weigh when in a box (best guess is fine for now) and does that include filter or not?

I can then use www.usps.com to calculate postage. Actually, if it weighed 7 pounds, postage is between $37 & $45 depending on options.

Let's see, that means with todays exchange rate, $240 = AU$285. hmm...

Not right now, I have to get some paint & body repaiers first ($1k)

I'm going to listen to that sound file later though (our 2 year old has just gone to bed)

G.

I think, without the filter the box that arrived was only 3lbs. If you include a K&N then you up it to near 5lbs.

I would agree with MTS about the shipment weight, for now the filter is an option, many people would like to pick out and purchase their own filter locally. For you it would also cut down on weight, however, the inverted top K&N filter i linked to earlier is listed at $82 bucks, i can get it cheaper and am including it in the kit for $60 US. So if anyone wants this filter let me know asap so i can get them...let me go find that link again.....here it is:

i can get this K&N inverted top filter (polished chrome top) for much cheaper and can include it in the kit for an extra $60, it is the filter i will be running shortly.

So thats 125 for the kit + 15 shipping (inside US) + 60 for the optional K&N filter = $200 even. worth every penny.

Ditto for me too Chi. I do not feel like looking for the filter here locally.

ok, thats another filter to the list...street you were already on it.

I have ordered 4 filters (one for myself) if anyone other than frank,street, and mase want the K&N filter linked to earlier than let me know asap so i have them in time to ship out with the intakes...

Mase -confirmed-with filter

Street -confirmed-with filter

Lat?

BHR?

Zao -confirmed-with filter

JDub?

This was the list of people interested in the MCE CAI....i have exactly 6 intakes for the first run, three with filters.

Please confirm your status if not already done. their may or may not be one extra intake for somebody to jump on...

again: 125 for the kit + 15 shipping (inside US) = $140 US.... + 60 for the optional K&N inverted top filter = $200 US.

CONFIRMED!!!

No filter for me though.

Any idea when you plan on getting them shipped out? I would like to have it for MWM07, but if its not possible its not possible.

word.

checked the tracking, they are due to arrive July 18th, i should be able to ship them out by friday july 20th in the am if everything goes according to plan....when was the meet again? with this give enough time?

only problem is that the guy wouldnt ship to my box at the UPS store, the parts are coming fedex and i am never home during the day....is there a way to call them and tell them not to put it on the truck and i will just pick the package up once it gets to the chicagoland location??

Mase -confirmed-with filter

Street -confirmed-with filter

Lat?

BHR -confirmed.

Zao -confirmed-with filter

JDub?

They can't ship packages to P.O boxes or ups boxes or anything, since they don't have the key to open it, even if they fit.

I'm not sure if you can call them and have them hold it, unless your the shipper, but if they don't need a sig they should be fine sitting at the front door for a few hours

The meet is friday the 27th, meaning its quite close, I would probably bring mine to the meet and install it there.

Like 5 days Chi lol think they'll be ready?

parts are en-route....once again things are out of my control. they left july 13th, a couple more days and i should have everything. filters were also shipped out friday, 3-5 days for the shipping on them, looks like everything should be here together and hopefully ready to ship out some time july 20-23 at the latest, thats next friday to monday.