Finally, A Cai For The S...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I assure you any new place I find will be cleaned.

My concern now is I found 2 dropsof oil on the floor in the garage, and would be where the millenia was sitting after I drove it back, on the other hand it could be from the jeeps TC, or something eles and I just didn't notice it, I will investigate

It is highly doubtful, I did find that mass of oil sitting top of the alt, but I have never had a single leak and was most likely some dumbass who spilled a bit.

I will search the underside of the car for any traces. It could also be brake fluid from when I flushed the brakes and spilled a few drops.

bhr...i assume you didnt have any problems with the install? I ment to post one install tip, it is also included in the instructions though: when attaching the clamp closets to the resonator box, the one right under the intake tube for the rear intercooler, make shure after the clamp is tightened that is does not hit anything when the hood is closed. the bolt which protrudes from the clamp should be at the lowest possible position. i will try to get a pic.

I didn't have any problems with the install, getting the old intake out and apart, and the splash shield off was a bit of a problem.

Current damage report:

Many new rock chips, most ly on hood, almost none on the front bumper, and most troubling with a meldrew pattern on the lips of the bumper, even after claybarring. Its very possible the EXTREMELY hard rain stripped alot off at high speed, right now a cleaner wax is hazing on the front clip, I'm hoping that takes care of almost all of it. None the less, I don't thin kI will ever be taking the millenia further then 150 miles one way, even in good weather, and the mask will be on. Anything further, or any chance of bad weather and its jeep time.

I cannot find any trace of any oil leak, no drips on the floor, nothing on the underside I can see or feel.