Finally, A Cai For The S...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Fedex made their first attempt today to deliver my parts. i left at 11:15 this morning, they came at 11:28!! :angry2: anyway, my lady usually stays over and as long as she doesnt have to work early tomorrow or friday i will have her wait around and sign for the package. I usually have to leave by 11am. worst case senerio they will be waiting at the fedex location for me to pick up monday and i can ship stuff out by wed.

PARTS ARE IN!! one small prob though... the 90 degree silicone grommets are 4-ply, extra thick, and the t-clamps i have will not fit around them. Looks like their will be a delay while i get some bigger t-clamps. the parts are all super high quality, i will get picks up later, the aluminum tube is finished/polished and doesnt have the chrome look of the prototype but is much thicker alum...sorry guys, you should have know with my luck lately something else would go wrong.

still waiting on larger clamps for the 5-ply 90 degree grommets, but here are some pics to hold you guys over...

Intake tubing, 6061 buffed aluminum, 2mm thick, rounded edges for more secure connection:

IPB Image

90 degree blue silicone grommet, 5-ply:

IPB Image

straight grommet blue silicone, 4-ply:

IPB Image

heavy duty T-bolt clamps with lock nut:

IPB Image

Those are indeed some heavy duty clamps, I didn't think something that big would be needed.

None the less, that blue will have to be painted

those worm clamp loosen overtime, if you are installing an intake system or custom intercooler these are the clamps that should be used. the lock nut will ensure that they NEVER loosen, and since the filter will be in the wheel well you wont be able to check on it and tighten a worm clamp periodically. I will be including a heavy duty clamp for the filter as well, even if you dont purchase yours from me.

When do you think they'll be ready by? Monday?

yup, i got the filters. I will have the correct clamps (i hope) my tues or wed. I will test fit everything and be able to ship wed or thur.

I am replying to this to bring it back as it seems some people cannot read back through and keep posting the same questions....

still waiting on larger clamps for the 5-ply 90 degree grommets, but here are some pics to hold you guys over...

Intake tubing, 6061 buffed aluminum, 2mm thick, rounded edges for more secure connection:

IPB Image

90 degree blue silicone grommet, 5-ply:

IPB Image

straight grommet blue silicone, 4-ply:

IPB Image

heavy duty T-bolt clamps with lock nut:

IPB Image

READ