If You Want 01-02 Taillights To Upgrade...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-Mazda...tem140144372165

BUY THESE NOW!!!!!

When I did my conversion is took me 8 months of waiting and I paid nearly 650 for all 4.

You will need the trunk lid (about 150-200 at a junkyard) but buy the parts when you can, I have never seen a complete set this cheap before, go, buy, now!

the hell do you mean expensive?

those are hella CHEAP.

I paid over 650 for a set.

the reason they are "expensive" is before they are probably some of the rarest headlights and taillights in the world when it comes to modern cars. only produced for 2 years, in limited countries, in very limited numbers.

Search for ferrari or lamborghini taillights and headlights, you'll almost always find more of those, and there in the 2-3k range

the hell do you mean expensive?

those are hella CHEAP.

I paid over 650 for a set.

the reason they are "expensive" is before they are probably some of the rarest headlights and taillights in the world when it comes to modern cars. only produced for 2 years, in limited countries, in very limited numbers.

Search for ferrari or lamborghini taillights and headlights, you'll almost always find more of those, and there in the 2-3k range

Not big enough difference really for the money. One just looks like an upside down version of the other. Plus if you can afford a new ferrari 2 or 3 grand is not alot of money...

That's something I'm not a fan of either...death to altezza's.

On some cars maybe they'll do...

Hmm maybe the design. I remember i met a "bumper designer" once. He told me the mold for head/tail lights is really expensive. Car makers use the same style over and over among their "sister" companies. He told me because of the surroundings daily car enthusiast cannot figure out the similarities between a high end car and a crappy one.. He showed me some models like fiat and alpha romeo and they really used the same tails..

01-02 tails are certainly new design and new mold. This explains the steep price..

but since both the 99-00 and 01-02 are clear tails, thats a mute point

FYI, I think that should be a "moot" point, unless you want everyone to be quiet about it now :)

Dictionary meaning:

1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

2. of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

I think it's the "purely academic" part of the meaning we use most often.

I'm OK with Altezza lights on the right car, but there aren't many right cars and the colour of the car is even more important. Typically, they're OK on a white or very light coloured car, but not dark coloured.

Cheers, G.