Deal Or No Deal

I didn't plan on spending cash on the milly this fall, but the spoiler was hard to pass up, and some parts that i put on ebay have payed for my Eibachs. I still have basecoat and midcoat left from restoring my hood, so the spoiler and Eibachs should be installed by the end of next week. Car taxes are coming up in November, so I should have my custom plates shortly thereafter. Hopefully I should have the vacumm leak repaired with the free time also. Aluminum pedals (flame on) are on the way, and I'm thinking about relocating the overdrive switch, and using the aluminum A/T I've had sitting around for years. Gonna have to take a breather until tax return season after this month. I'll put picks up as I get stuff done.

He means the Hold button.

I have seen it done, but its a royal pain and not worth it IMO.

however, as I told jdubs at the meet, given how rare the car is, and that it hasn't been made in 5 years, I would do as many non-universal things as possibly before moving onto to others like exhaust or repainting etc. When a part or a service (CAI) comes up for the millenia, take it, you'll be sorry when even maybe a year later you can't get it anymore

The only application sensitive thing on the list now are the SS brake lines, looks like a couple companies still have those from Goodridge. I'll probably pick those up soon, and wait for the brake overhaul. There are some cosmetic pieces I need for the interior, i'm gonna have to wait for a 01 02 parts car to show up for those i guess.

Some updated pics. Some may not be fond of the pedals, so be it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The new spoiler, ran out of fucking paint! Taking it up to the spray shop on monday.

IPB Image

Trunk set up for those that didn't see it in person, turned out shitty, gonna have to wait until next summer to refab it. I also forgot

to turn on the radio so the LEDs around the amps didn't light up. I'll get new pics tomorrow.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Night shots of the dash with the Zune.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Proper way to install dynamat on the trunk lid.

IPB Image

The 626 spoiler has been removed. The mounting holes don't fucking match up, but hopefully the new spoiler footprint will cover up the holes that I'm going to have to silicon the shit out of.

brake lines aren't a big deal, semi universal just cut to a certain length.

if you want to do a JET chip I would put that at the front of hte list.

Eh, it's gonna take a lot to break my perception on JET. We should have pretty much the same mods by the next national meet, so maybe a couple runs will show the results.

I relocated my Infinity Perfect tweeters from the doorsails to some bracket mounts. It's closer to being a point source for my front stage, and it's a night and day difference from what it was before. Driver side looks ok, but I need to make a different bracket for the passenger side.

Populating kick panels with speakers are nothing new in Car Audio circles.

I have seen horn speakers (long rectangular outlets) positioned just under the dash, but they sit flush against the edge and can hardly be seen.

But mounting the tweeter on a stalk like that does seem a bit unusual.

I would think that the soundstage would be too low and possibly obstructed by your legs to a different amount from the main speaker in the door, but in practice it could go either way. So how does it sound? That's the main thing.

G.