No More Eunie :(

Troutman

IPB Image

That's right, after little over a year it is already time for my little black Eunie to find a new home. As with my previous cars, it will be sold on Ebay, and I just have to sort out final details with the finance company. The decision has been made quickly but there's no real reason not to take this path. The main reasons are:

1) In terms of how infrequently it is driven and how much effort put into detailing/maintenance I'm up there with BHR standards. Problem is that as good a car as it is, it is neither a rare/desirable model here, nor has it been maintained to anywhere near my standards since new. I could go down the same path as the 800M, of trying in futility to throw money to improve its overall condition. Or I could learn from the past and aim to buy a new or truly immaculate car and then maintain it to my standards.

2) Because my work is in public transport I get free travel and know the system well enough to not need a car at all. This has allowed me to preserve the Eunie as I have, but that isn't really achieving much (see point 1) and I have worked out that I can get out of all debt in no time and save for much bigger plans by having no car for a while.

IPB Image

What is next is unclear, though I have developed a strong preference for Australian-made cars. Who knows... watch this space. :shifty:

IPB Image

I won't lie, I paid little attention to the GE loan for the car when I signed up. I borrowed something like $7.3k and have been paying just under $200 per month for about 15 months now. That's the better part of $3k given to GE, and how much is actually paid off the loan? Not even $800! Just as well I've saved enough to rescue myself from further disaster.

Never never am I borrowing any damn money from anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...