Save A Millenia From Dying !!!!!

Shinta786

Hi all,

I got some BAD news.....my Milly's clutch stopped working some time ago (yes I have a 5 speed manual one).

It is A Milllenia of 1996 with a 2.5i V6 24V.

PLZZZZZ, If ANYONE knows where to find a clutch kit for my car, PLZ let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I have been searching for OVER 3 weeks now and no place I found it.

Yes in my country we have it, but it costs OVER €900....makes $1320!!!!!!!!

PLZ, If anyone knows where to find a cheap, but good one.....MAIL ME as soon as possible.

If I don't get one within 2 weeks....I'll have to THROW the Milly away.

PLZ PLZ PLZ, answer this topic FAST...............If you can, plz mail to me (immishinta786@gmail.com).

You guys are my LAST hope.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:huh:

Hi all,

I got some BAD news.....my Milly's clutch stopped working some time ago (yes I have a 5 speed manual one).

It is A Milllenia of 1996 with a 2.5i V6 24V.

PLZZZZZ, If ANYONE knows where to find a clutch kit for my car, PLZ let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I have been searching for OVER 3 weeks now and no place I found it.

Yes in my country we have it, but it costs OVER €900....makes $1320!!!!!!!!

PLZ, If anyone knows where to find a cheap, but good one.....MAIL ME as soon as possible.

If I don't get one within 2 weeks....I'll have to THROW the Milly away.

PLZ PLZ PLZ, answer this topic FAST...............If you can, plz mail to me (immishinta786@gmail.com).

You guys are my LAST hope.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:huh:

Heya lucky guy in trouble (lucky, cause you have the manual Milly :glare: ) !

Can you elaborate on what's broken in your clutch ?

Is it the friction disk, the friction plate on the flywheel, the pressure plate, the spring, the cover, the bearing, the fork, the actuator slave cylinder, the hydraulic lines, the master cylinder or the clutch pedal ?

Or all of it ?

If it's just the disk (as it usually is), it may be quite easy to find an aftermarket replacement, if we know the specs.

What about this ?

Renboy should be able to help out, like MTS says, a clutch from any two-litre six should match, possibly even 2,5. Protege/323 2,0 V6 95 onwards, or Xedos 6 2,0?

Unless it has been driven a lot after starting to slip, it is usually enough to change the friction plate AND the trust bearing, should be a cheap fix part from labour unless you do the job yourself. I'm sure those parts can't be too expensive even through a dealer.

I don't know about Protege or 323, or those model names are different here in Australia to what you're talking about, but I agree that any KL engine'd car should have a compatable clutch kit.

So do they have Mazda MX6 and 626 or Ford Probe & Telstar with the same 2.5L KLDE / KLZE / KL03 engines in your country or close by????

It shouldn't be hard to find a clutch kit, many cars with the same engine.

The ebay item that Tertou linked to looks perfect to me.

Good luck! G.

honestly, we have spent years just trying to track down the 5-spd's, Your the first person on all millenia related sites we know of to ever drive one, let alone own one.

I think xedos came across one once, but not sure if he bought it

Yeah, I want to see it in person, and take pictures of it. It's such a rare find among an already rare car. :don:

And I guess I'm also the closest to catch that opportunity. :D

Shinta, PM me when it's fixed. ;)

lol......latino PITACHU...

Do you like Pokémon?

I know, you guys aren't the first ones who doubt my 5spd Xedos9. Others sis as well on CARDOMAIN.AND I know someone with a manual 5spd 2.5 4WS solar panel in roof etc etc etc Xedos.

He threw it away (but for REAL, THREW it away). He told me he is NEVER going to buy a MAZDA EVER AGAIN. His car was a electronical disaster. While driving the car did weird things (like stopping and sounding the alarm, blinking for a turn (on a str8 road), the rear-window-heating never worked, the seat heating burnt his ass, he had to disarm the alarm 2 - 3 times before he could ignite, the A/C pump was leaking, the engine was just about OK, the belts were loose, the trunk opened without pushing the button.......thats all I know..). I guess some fabric misfabrication. The car had only 94 000 km.....

Can happen

Hey Shinta, thanks for the pictures.

Nice and good looking car you have there. And quite some good mods too. ;)

Thnx,

I am working on MORE, but time is short. So many projects, so little time. I have a XBOX with Linux on it. This should be my carPC soon. Keyboard on sunscreen and controllers wireless. XBOX in trunk, soon my own trunklayout. This ride will be BANGING!

I love my Milly.

I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have recommended some upgrades while changing the clutch. First off, a SPEC clutch, Exedy is okay, spec rules. Secondly, get a flywheel off a mx3 (6 cylinder) and have it lightened to 13lbs, or step up and get a fidanza. The fidanza is more money, but a 9 lbs (4kg) flywheel, is...well...a 9lbs flywheel. It would help pull that beast of yours around a bit better. You could probably find a used lightened flywheel from either mx6.com, or probetalk.com for pretty cheap.