Suspension Maintenance

Jdubs99

I was reviewing my mod list the other night and thought about the suspension. I've noticed that the millenia is not as responsive or have as much road feel as a year ago. Anyone have any input besides that below?

Replace shocks

Replace and regrease bar bushings

Check/replace bar end links

Replace spring seats

Possible urethane filling

tightening all the chassis bolts will help.

I'm not sure how many miles you have on your, but generally the recommended lifespan for shocks/struts is 60k for OCD people, and 75k for others, beyond that the car may "feel" fine, but when putting on a new set you'll notice a hige differences.

Bushings should be perfectly fine, but if you want to beef it up go with the eibachs and new struts/shocks, I think last time I checked its like 480 for shocksand struts.

Unless you have squeaks or knocks, a new set of shocks and dustboots should regain status.

As far as tightening chassis bolts is concerned, that is just a stupid point on the maintenance chart, to enable the dealer to make more money. Who has ever heard of chassis bolts coming loose?

But its free and I've watched them do it. Every oil change

tighten chassis bolts

check all fluids

check all belts

check tires

check brakes

test battery

test alt

test all lights

change oil

replace filter

62 dollars with synethetic

about 28 with conventional.

at 87k it is probably time to change the struts and shocks, if you've done 10-12k in the last year you've gone from "just about worn out" to worn out and needing replacement.

And that pothole infested, groved, single lane, concrete enclosed road in ky didn't help.

I had no choice, it was horrible.

I shit you not, it was probably around 10 at night, but traffic, and for about 2 miles there was a single lane in the worst condition ever, with jersey barriers on both sides, no shoulder, nothing. I slowed the hell down but damn it, that road should be burned.

And my struts/shocks only have about 11k on them, eibach springs, and yes, I tighten

Uneven pavement with jersey barriers on both sides was definately not fun after a tall sam adams and no food all day.

Yea, this year has taken a toll on the car. They've been expanding the lanes here for my city and the city i work in. I should put my complaining abilities to good use and send the cities an invoice for wear and tear. My tax money at work creating higher personal costs for myself.