Back Bumper

Problem: My back bumper of my 2002 is chipping paint badly. I can't stand to look at it.

Question: Will a 2000 model bumper fit mine? I've compared mine to my sisters 2000 and there isn't any noticeable differences to me. I was just wondering because IF I were to find a wrecked 99-00 model that was damaged in the front and it was a black bumper then I was going to get it, because to buy a new one and have it primed and painted and put on would be over 1500 probably...If this bumper is in good/great condition and they will sell it to me for cheap im going to get it, but before I did all that, I need to know does it fit. I searched and didn't find anything...Thanks in advance.

A junkyard told me that the 2000 model had 2 different rear door designs, it is the stop bar that prevents the door from opening too wide and/or too fast. There was actually a minute difference, but it bolted up NO PROBLEM. So sometimes you just have to take the risk and try. But since the lights and trunk were the only real change on the rear end, should be no problem. Especially after others have swapped the trunk lids and lights with no alignment issues....

hmm, possibly before your time.

christmas eve 2003, fedex truck backed into it just enough to crack it, the damage was so minor insurance didn't even consider it damage, but as you know, I demand perfection.

I ended up having the bumper replaced but didn't trust local bodyshops so I went to a high end hot rod shop and had a professional who does show cars do the paint work, I then kept the bumper so that I could compare at any time. Its 1 thing to think its off and have some dick kid tell you "no, its just new paint" I on the other hand took the bumper and set it below and compared in various lights and conditions to ensure it was perfect, not just in color, but depth. most of the better better shops can match black perfectly, but never the true depth.

what do you mean a crack on the top....like on the flat part under the license plate? and for how much would you sell this to me?

Can you provide a picture of this crack and of the full bumper so I can actually see how bad?

I know I have pictures some where just need to figure out which computer, pissing me the fuck off there not in the millenia folder.

its a crack below the license plate area yes, I will hunt down the pics, other then the crack, there is a very mild clear coat damage (and I really do mean mild) no paint is missing, no paint transfer or anything, I will find the pics.

shipping if the biggest problem...I have no idea how I'd do that, but otherwise you can have it for 50...I also have a black trunk lid off an 02 if your interested, trim plate not included

how much do you think it would cost to get that crack fixed? I mean I will take a good pic of my bumper tomorrow and send it soon to you to let you see my damage....How much would it cost to get that crack fixed? for 50 bucks that is a steal depending on how much i can get it repaired for

dang...i guess I'll keep looking thanks anyway. but now it's nice to know that one off a 99-00 will fit nicely

With plastic you can use polypropylene (yellow rope) to fuse, works great in canoes when you tear it on rocks.... I always carry it when canoeing in a plastic canoe. Just hold the tear together, and light the rope on fire. Then trace the tear, on the inside, with the melted plastic. Kind of like a hot glue gun. Then just hold the tear until the plastic hardens, which is rather quick.

umm he canoes...what's bad about that? u can also go the cheap way and bondo it. i did it to my friend's cavalier (he is cheap hence owning a cavalier) he had about a 10 inch crack running down the front of his bumper, two hours and two cans of spray paint later, u could barely notice anything there. bondo comes in a 10 dollar can and hardener. any novice can do it. its mad easy but requires some patience.

yeah i'll talk it over with the parents...haha i'll let you know...yeah i would get professional touch up paint from an autobody shop and sand the small area and then paint with a small art brush and touch it up...

or not because i keep my car clean all the time, but not as clean as yours i must say:)

Georgia sun...well as long as mine is clean and shiny i really could care less...i HATE a filthy car...my inside is flawless though. all that needs touching up on my car is a few rock chips and my back bumper and i have one tiny ding from work but that's it