Wanted: Gauge Needles

If anyone's parting their milly out, I want the cluster needles. I don't know what year they're from (or if they're the same throughout the years), but I want the clear ones with the chrome strip that runs up them. If anyone can add what year their from, please post away. Thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My needles look exactly like that too, no chrome strip

Hmm, the only thing ren might be thinking of is that from certain angles, with the lights off but the sun shining you can see what appears to be a strip running down the middle of the needles, its not chrome, its just the needles are not truely flat so its like a weird prizm type thing.

Thats all I got?

Here's the story:

Last Friday a guy came by with his mx6 because he needed me to change an axle an wanted to know what was making a horrible knocking sound in his engine.

Afterwards he tells me that while in a scrapyard he came across a millenia with clear needles that have a chrome strip running up them. Very interested I asked if he had them with him. He did, but only the temp and gas needles. I actually held them, so they do exist. And they are exactly as I described, clear needles with a thin (sewing needle thickness) chrome strip that ran up the centre of them. What I'm unsure of now, is his recolection of the car they came from. I didn't remember them in the wife's milly, so I assumed they were either from a 95-96 (before cutbacks) or 01-02 (remodeled cluster). I now must delve deeper into this.

Are these the needles you are looking for? I would have taken pics sooner but I didn't even realize the needles were clear until I went out and looked from different angles to double check, but I think all the needles from 95-00 look like this. If these are the ones my millenia is 95. I don't see chrome though so I don't think they are.

IPB Image

You're half right Don. I hate chrome on the exterior of a car, but chrome accents on an interior are pleasing if not overdone. For example, my door handles used to be black (just the part you pull on the inside), now chrome. Chrome rings around the guages, very subtle and nice, these chrome needles would be perfect. Also, when I have time to make a new shift knob for myself it will be out of 316 stainless, and polished to a mirror shine. And none of the mods on my car you would think of as mods, everything looks stock...the way mods should be done. Not to mention I know a guy that will make a set of guage faces for me, whatever design I want, he makes. Lettering, colours, speed measurement...etc. (no more fucking mph on my dash).

the xedos will display your fuel useage, speed, many many other things

Take a flashlight and sometime and shine it on yours, you'll see a laundry list of features, yet there is no known way to get to them on anything but the xedos

The data is coming from ECU, if it does not support a trip computer changing the display wouldnt work.

I doubt that saint, the data is coming from it yes, but your forgetting that if it doesn't have the ability to display it won't

There is no reason to produce different ecu's ecept for different models and emissions, and most importantly, the information its displaying the ecu will already have such as speed and rpm, which is how it calculates fuel etc. Its not like teh ecu sends a signal, you plug something in and it gains access to the data, unrestricted. This is exactly why you can plug stuff into obd2 ports mean't for trouble codes but track rpm, speed, quater mile etc