He Official Key Combinations That Do Not Work To Enable The Trip Computer Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

ADDED

I may be looking at this backwards, but the display on the right side HAS the trip computer and it is the same as our LHD one. AMB is on the right and 3 small buttons on the left. The one on the left side of the picture does not have the trip computer and is a mirror image of ours making it RHD, so the board would not need to be flipped to make it fit ours. The same 20-pin connector is used so it should be a direct plug-in fit.

AC has to know your speed at least. This is to adjust fans, both interior and exterior.

There is also a pin for vehical speed signal which changes the fan speeds, so the OBD signals must give the rest of the info for calculating fuel comsumption, probably with injector flow and other things.

Very good find. The RHD board will prolly not fit to LHD. Look at the shapes of them, they look like mirrored. Now the thing is if the ECU sends necessary data to our displays..

I would like to test whether the range is reset or not when a trip computered display is disconnected. If range is reset that means it is kept in the display circuit, if not it comes from ECU.

in my picture at the left - RHD japanese millenia, at the right - european xedos9

yeah it's mirrored, but i think it will be possible to install xedos board into usa millenia.

The problem I suppose would be in wiring of connector or something. Not so easy :)

we need scheme of both boards to understand.

I'll try to find xedos trip computer and connect to my millenia

Maybe :) if I have time for that.

no, they would atleast be 95-96 style, but not in black so I can't use them

this could end up costing me around 200 for mirrors, at a time when I don't really have 200 dollars, however I have learned a painful lessons with millenia's and other rare parts, if you don't buy them when there around it could be years before you see them again.

it has cost me greatly these items.

If I had waited 2 years I could have saved 400 bucks on tail lights

mirrors who knows

sway bar, what are the chances of another 800sp being parted

many things lost when corksport dropped the millenia

and the zacatal roofrack, had to wait almost 2 years for someone who got one before they closed shop to sell theres

indeed, if I hadn't acted i would have lost it forever, that is the thicker bar you saw at MWM07.

the car wasn't totalled, as I understand itwas hit in rear door, thought it was totalled and started to part off before deciding to fix it, someone got the SP exhaust system much to malice's anger.

on the other hand if I had acted when I had the chance I would now have war's 98 white SP in my garage.