Door Panels

mackin

Hey i was wondering if anyone has taken off the door panels on their millenia and could let me know how to go about doing it?

I searched and didnt find any guides, so if someone could please do a quick write up or maybe a few pictures of how to do it that'd be great

I'm trying to get everything deadened and figure i should learn how to get the panels off before i just go at it and start breaking fasteners.

Thanks!

pics of my progess on trunk and the car itself.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hello there black millenia, if it had a spoiler your car looks almost exactly like mine when I picked it up.

taking the panels off is super easy, adding the deadening can be a pain in the ass, but if you've done the trunk thats the hardest.

Basically take off the little screw caps and remove the philips head screws, including the ones in the map pockets, 2 at the bottom possible hidden under a cover - you'll see. I might be getting cars confused but I think there is also one behind the handle.

Starting at the bottom run your hand along pulling it off, once you get all the screws its only held on by clips, once you get the bottom and sides done you'll have to pull up and outward to get it off the lip it sits on at the top, really easy once you see. Hold onto the cover and disc the harnass, and anything else like the fuel/trunk etc

rear panels are even easier.

oh btw, check all the clips to make sure you didn't break any and realine them to make sure you can get the panel back on easy

well hello there black millenia, if it had a spoiler your car looks almost exactly like mine when I picked it up.

taking the panels off is super easy, adding the deadening can be a pain in the ass, but if you've done the trunk thats the hardest.

Basically take off the little screw caps and remove the philips head screws, including the ones in the map pockets, 2 at the bottom possible hidden under a cover - you'll see. I might be getting cars confused but I think there is also one behind the handle.

Starting at the bottom run your hand along pulling it off, once you get all the screws its only held on by clips, once you get the bottom and sides done you'll have to pull up and outward to get it off the lip it sits on at the top, really easy once you see. Hold onto the cover and disc the harnass, and anything else like the fuel/trunk etc

rear panels are even easier.

oh btw, check all the clips to make sure you didn't break any and realine them to make sure you can get the panel back on easy

Thanks for the tutorial. i'm gonna go see what i can get done before dinner.

black millenia S ftw! ours has been in the family since late '99 early '00. Love it!

well apparently i'm a dumbass...

I was able to get the bottom completely loose and removed the two screws on the bottom of the door panel. i also removed the screw that was covered up towards the top right of the door panel.

what am i missing?

i tried to pull upward/outward and every other direction possible and the top seems like it is stuck on there for life.

which screws do i need to remove in the map pockets? there are some on the lid, but i wouldn't think you'd have to remove those.

there are also two on the inside of the map pocket towards the top that are on the near side of the opening. i dont even think i have a screw driver small enough to get into that space...

any help or suggestions? :noidea:

Two screws in the pocket, one around the handle, and one closer to the hinge hidden below a cap (my 01 has it yours may not have). You have to first remove the plastic around the handle. Pull the handle and carefully pry the plastic with a screw driver. It will not pop out but come slowly. Be careful not to break it.

There is one clip in the lower part that the service manual says it has to be replaced whenever door panel is taken off. I could never put it back..

Two screws in the pocket, one around the handle, and one closer to the hinge hidden below a cap (my 01 has it yours may not have). You have to first remove the plastic around the handle. Pull the handle and carefully pry the plastic with a screw driver. It will not pop out but come slowly. Be careful not to break it.

There is one clip in the lower part that the service manual says it has to be replaced whenever door panel is taken off. I could never put it back..

well there wasnt one around the handle, and i really dont think these screws in the pocket would matter? they certainly dont hold the pocket to the door because they are facing the other side.

Right now the bottom is loose and ready to come off but the top is not moving an inch.

PSYCHE! i just re-read the posts a few times and went back and looked in those damn map pockets.

I had previously assumed the covers would be at the bottom of the map pocket but they're on the side screwed into the door. popped those bad boys off and i was home free

thanks for the help. i'll prob come back with some pictures of the finished product sometime within the next few days.

No this one looks 100% better, as it does not have that fugly shopping cart handle yours does....

No this one looks 100% better, as it does not have that fugly shopping cart handle yours does....

It looks very good indeed. Make sure you inflate the spare properly, I realized mine was well below what it should be. If so, what is the purpose of extra weight?

no factory spoiler, one of my greatest days was the night I took home the millenia, took it by a friends, then went home and peeled off the factory plastic in the garage.

As for the spare, don't the donut and pink up a cheap 95-98 rim and slap a tire on it to match the overall size of the stockers, I used the donut once for 3 miles on roads with speed limits under 40 mph and it was horrible

no factory spoiler, one of my greatest days was the night I took home the millenia, took it by a friends, then went home and peeled off the factory plastic in the garage.

As for the spare, don't the donut and pink up a cheap 95-98 rim and slap a tire on it to match the overall size of the stockers, I used the donut once for 3 miles on roads with speed limits under 40 mph and it was horrible

Yeah we had the spare on for a while last year. it looked pretty goofy.

If only these wheels werent so prone to cracking...

It looks very good indeed. Make sure you inflate the spare properly, I realized mine was well below what it should be. If so, what is the purpose of extra weight?

thanks. i kind of want to take the spare out to make up for the extra weight the sub, amps and battery will add in the trunk. i certainly dont want to be a low rider in the back... :rolleyes:

the only people whos cats will be clogged are those running less then prem gas, you people are caught up in ren's 1960's idea's of how an engine works, a knock sensor is there to keep the car running on crap gas long enough for you to get somewhere and pump out the shit, nothing more.

When I had my exhaust installed I checked my old cat and other then a few scapes from speedbumps looked brand new inside

the only people whos cats will be clogged are those running less then prem gas, you people are caught up in ren's 1960's idea's of how an engine works, a knock sensor is there to keep the car running on crap gas long enough for you to get somewhere and pump out the shit, nothing more.

When I had my exhaust installed I checked my old cat and other then a few scapes from speedbumps looked brand new inside

yeah i'm not sure what i think of this gas BS everyone is arguing about. all i know is that ever since the Millenia got in my hands, i've been using premium gas and nothing else. this past tank, my mom was nice enough to fill it up, but she used 89 octane. now i feel slow as shit.