:shifty: Troutman Comes Through Once Again

:shifty:

Today I received a large package from the opposite side of the world, my electronically retractable mirrors :shifty:

sadly the original seller used some weird paper which mildly damaged the paint, but since it wasn't up to bhr spec and is the wrong color it doesn't really matter. I can't turn the mirrors in with my hand like the standard ones and its certainly different, once I find a switch that isn't 200 dollars I will spray some wd-40 in the motor and do a test.

indeed, I have found 2 of them, but the cheapest was 60 dollars, since the us version is only 10 shipped I can't justify it right now, car mods are on the very bottom of the list of where money goes.

I'm rather annoyed though, I hooked up the wires in various connections to a 12v supply and couldn't make anything work.

I don't see how thats possible, I would have had some movement, plus I had it on the lowest setting, wouldn't even power a low beam headlight.

there is something its looking for, but I'm not going to take the doors panels off and mess around with it, not until I find a replacement speaker, damn door clips

not a flaw at all, the pegs aren't broken, but there are those metal clip...things, which I d'nt don't thinkI could get back on, so its glued and worked much better this way, the connector is there for a reason.

The only problem with my millenia is that it has more then 3000 miles on it, I should have just bought 2 and put this on in cold storage

• 4 weeks later...

That trunk/fuel switch is unworkable, I think Mazda glued mine.

Xedos9 has a solid button for the trunk on the driver door. You have to open it by pressing the button on the trunk.. Cheap mazda, why would they remove such small features and add others..

I disagree. Whoever decided that just about all japanese cars should have a trunk opener in the cabin in favour of where you actually need it, behind the car, must have had a bad day. Having to dive inside the car to open the trunk is damn annoying, the pushbutton on the trunklid is one of the Xedos advantages in my opinion.

generally speaking my trunk was used for 2 purposes (when it was a daily driver)

using the keyfob I would put my backpack in during the morning, hit the button when getting out of the car to get it out, it just works, I don't think about it, on my Jeep I have just the handle and no button inside and no button on the key fob.