Before Switching To Royal Purple

Do you think for the upcoming oil change it would be good to add a quart of transmission fluid to the engine oil to loosen up deposits, change the filter 500 miles later, and then the oil at 1000? im quite confident in the cleanliness of my engine but I don't want to suddenly switch to RP and then have a bunch of stuff come loose.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think for the upcoming oil change it would be good to add a quart of transmission fluid to the engine oil to loosen up deposits, change the filter 500 miles later, and then the oil at 1000? im quite confident in the cleanliness of my engine but I don't want to suddenly switch to RP and then have a bunch of stuff come loose.

500 miles with tranny fluid will kill the engine i think. Why not seafoam? Are you using synthetic now? It started to loose oil like there is no tomorrow when i switched..

transmission fluid, what knocking it back 10 years wasn't good enough, now you won't it to die like a 1930's car and just be forced to abandon it on the side of hte road where it stops?

hell fucking no, put in some seafoam, infact skip seafoam, go with something better like restore or gunk engine cleaner, you put it in BEFORE you change the oil, run for 100 miles or for just a few minutes, then change it.

lmfao @ knocking it back 10 years. if that were true then it would be a 1990 amati. Someone had said that you could put a quart of ATF into it and remove deposits, its not something i was just going to go ahead and do, which is why i asked here first. and no, im running dino currently, castrol GTX since 86K, currently at 120500k.

I don't know that it would help loosen up deposits, but transmission fluid is just a very lightweight oil. And I have heard if it is accidentally put in the engine (I have no idea how you would do that), that it won't do damage over a short period of time. Still I don't know if I would be able to pour it in the oil even if it is supposed to help.

Don't put ATF into the oil, just go straight to royal purple. ATF can cause serious engine damage and should be avoided if possible. The reason is that atf doesn't 'hold' and carry contaminants like oil does, it lets them sink, and carbon sinking onto rod or main bearings will do damage.

Just change to RoyalPurple that itself has very good cleaning detergents. I did start to leak from the VCG after about the 4rth RP oil change. Do not add any additives to RP though, its says so right on their website.

BTW RP even makes an oil specifically designed for turbo/supercharged applications, you may want to look into that.

I have said this several times, Mobil1 is not the best oil out there I believe it was Ren who said "Mobil1 is just a more refined dino oil". You want the best oil for your milly go RoyalPurple or Amsoil.

Mobil1 is just hyped up as being the best oil and people eat that shit up.

Anyways yea I know the sludge was cleaned and left room for oil to pass through.

as usual ren is wrong, you have to check the label, some mobil1 is, depending on grade.

but the rest is damn good, its by no means the BEST, but ti was leading the way before others come up, there is a reason so many race teams use it, including formula1 teams, I don't remember which team (toro rosso?) but they tested a bunch of oils, royal purple, amsoil, valvoline and none could take it.

More people use mobil1 an d have perfect running CLEAN engines then any other oil, the problem is that when you own say a porsche or something high end the dealership has the right blend you don't get in stores, and once again ren is wrong as there are times things should go to the dealer, even for something such as an oil change

as usual ren is wrong, you have to check the label, some mobil1 is, depending on grade.

but the rest is damn good, its by no means the BEST, but ti was leading the way before others come up, there is a reason so many race teams use it, including formula1 teams, I don't remember which team (toro rosso?) but they tested a bunch of oils, royal purple, amsoil, valvoline and none could take it.

More people use mobil1 an d have perfect running CLEAN engines then any other oil, the problem is that when you own say a porsche or something high end the dealership has the right blend you don't get in stores, and once again ren is wrong as there are times things should go to the dealer, even for something such as an oil change

I don't think ren is wrong very often... if ever when it comes to things like this.

MOBIL 1 ISN'T A TRUE SYNTHETIC!!! It's a dino oil that's been refined more than conventional oils to further remove impurities and maintain reasonably similar sized molecules. It just slipped through the cracks and because of a labeling flaw is allowed to be called synthetic. All the molecules in true synthetics are exactly the same size with no impurities in them. Royal Purple is a true synthetic and has been dyno proven countless times to increase HP and TQ more than any other oil. The only oils in its class are Amsoil and Motul. Again you don't know shit yet keep on typing.

Just change to RoyalPurple that itself has very good cleaning detergents. I did start to leak from the VCG after about the 4rth RP oil change. Do not add any additives to RP though, its says so right on their website.

BTW RP even makes an oil specifically designed for turbo/supercharged applications, you may want to look into that.

when did you change it to RP? also, anyone with an 02 S take a picture of your rear suspension, i want to see how the rear swaybar is mounted and where the links are attached

1. yes ren it is, as I stated in my original post, you have to read the label, some is, some isn't, thats why some say fully synthetic, and others don't. RP is a good oil, but it won't make a difference over overs

2. if you change your oil and develope leaks your engine was dirty, mine of course does not have this problem since I was the correct gas, don't abuse it, and change the oil as required or more.