Charge-air Bypass

Frankzao

:hmm:

whats the procedure for bypassing this, perhaps the next time the millenia emerges I will do some tests

You just remove the vacuum line off the back of the actuator and close off the end of the hose. I used one of these IPB Image

Size either 5/32 or 3/16, whatever is available, and I got the brass cap to screw on the end. If you don't want to go to as much trouble than you can cap it off with anything that will fit in and make good seal. I have had it done for a few months now with no issues, when winter comes and it sees the extreme cold, I will know for sure if there are any problems, but there are none that I can see happening. With the freezing intercoolers, I expect that driving will be very enjoyable.

I think that the reason the bypass is set up in that way is if the solenoid fails, the intercoolers are always used. If it was the other way around, the solenoid fails and the intercoolers are not being used, then you rev above 4k rpm which gets the air is very hot and will cause detonation if it enters directly into the engine before being cooled down.

I also want to see if there is a way to have the bypass opened at idle only, and at any throttle position greater than 0 it was closed. I have a vacuum gauge, and I might see if there is a line to tap into to give this result. It could be done electrically but then it makes it a more difficult mod to perform.

Just disconnect the harness dude..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is just a universal kit I got from horsepowerfreaks.com

you need the controller, kit, and a damn extra nozzle and plastic tubing, tanks can be found in alot of places, I always wanted to mount mine in the trunk but neer get around it to. Pretty easy install, I think it was like 250 for everything and just run bottled water, the instructions say to never use tap water

Like, I said, I would LIKE to have put it in the trunk, instead it sits *mostly* under the passenger seat, but like my amp sticks out just a bit since there isn't alot of room. Since no one has ever, nor will never sit in my backseats it works for now

you will explain how you routed that shit to under the passenger seat, and someone will tell me where i would route the hose so it sits in teh damn trunk

I am not paying $250 for no dang kit....I can rig something up from Home Depot and a junk yard for $20.....no controller you say? how about a dang on/off switch........just leave the bugger on when you want to......

:shifty:

Excellent idea, screw auto control.

I drove with a broken solenoid for a year or so. I had that mod but i didnt know :) It throws P1526 IIRC, no CEL..

umm, what kind of kit could you rig up??

you need a controller to power a pump, you need a tank with fluid, you need nozzles.

lat - exact sme way you would wire up an amp, find a place, run tubing/wiring, drill small hole in firewall

If you had been at MWM08 like you promised you would have known more