Miller Cycle Badge And Lettering On Dash

cuto

Ok...so after Lat and BHR had mentioned that some Xedos 9 had the miller cycle engine lettering on the cluster, i have found that, besides having that, it should also have a badge under the left rear tail light. After some research on www.mobile.de on ALL the Miller cycle Xedos, i found that all the versions having those perks are from a version named Xedos 9 Exclusiv(e). The only one i saw that has NO miller cycle written appart from the engine, is the Business version. So i guess that's what i have. Also, almost all Exclusiv(e) versions have headlamp washers.

Oh Gods of the Millenia/Xedos, can you confirm this?

P.S. I'll have the pics , but they are available on www.mobile.de.

P.P.S. Just found out that Dallas' Xedos is just like mine. No lettering and no badge.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your research has resulted in new Xedos knowledge sir.

Though I suspect in this case the "Exclusive" and "Business" term was hardly used by the factory, rather a branding used by the respective importers. Here the "Business" versions are often priceworthy when new; the necessities of equipment are there at a discounted, taxfriendly price. Originally intended as fleet cars (bought by companies), though most brands even offers them for the private market.

cuto - the badges are actually about 30 dollars shipped, any dealer should have them, I found them at a dealer online willing to ship and my own for aroundthe same price, there is an entire thread with the part number which is the only way you can order it.

it was on ALOT of eunos 800 models, and there have been some in canada with the badge as well, but as for the states, not one from the factory

outside of the eunos I have neer seen the "miller-cycle engine" tach either.

I opted for a slightly different approach and purchased 2 badges, placed on each side in the european styling of the time.

Pictures

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php...ost&id=1044

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php...ost&id=1045

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php...ost&id=1047

[attachmentid=1044]

[attachmentid=1045]

[attachmentid=1047]

As far as i understand, there are a lot more Xedos with both badge and lettering on cluster then without them. Of 10 Xedos 9 MCE on www.mobile.de only 2 had no refrences to the miller cycle.

Some pics (poor Xedos...some are in miserable condition):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

WEIRD AIRBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHR: ill keep it original...but i like those green letters :)

I think it was the 95-96 millenias only that had the exterior MCE badge.

BTW the part number is T002-51-771A, it is listed in the parts identifier as $16.85

I ordered one from tasca for $13.39 + shipping.

I have 1 used with the 2 sided 3M automotive tape on it ready to stick if anyone wants it. PM me.

If you know anyone parting out an xedos with the tach, and especially with the power folding mirrors PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I've seen Millenia tach with those MCE letterings also. It was a 1st gen Millenia though.

Actually, I might be able to get a hold of one for you BHR. I'll let u know.

Power folding mirrors :drool:

I'd pay some good money for this!!! :thumbup1:

edit: I'm talking about Millenias in Canada's market.

yes, in 95-96 some in canada had the badge, but iv never seen one with the tach in NA.

I already have the power folding mirrors themselfs thanks to a hefty mirror price tag and assistance from the great troutman

But I need the switch to operate them, only one I'v seen was in germany and the guy wanted roughly 80 dollars

yes, in 95-96 some in canada had the badge, but iv never seen one with the tach in NA.

I already have the power folding mirrors themselfs thanks to a hefty mirror price tag and assistance from the great troutman

But I need the switch to operate them, only one I'v seen was in germany and the guy wanted roughly 80 dollars

Wow! how are the folding mirrors? how are they powered (where do the wires go?) Got any pics?

btw, this is it BHR....

Comes from a 98 Millenia.

Guages are in Km/H with TCS (I assume all S trim comes with TCS.) 136xxxKms

IPB Image

The car had the MCE badge and MCE tacho.

Let me know if you want it... or if anybody wants it.

Guage is in good condition and working. If you don't like the Km/H dial, you can just salvage the rpm dial and put it on your guage.

TASK!!!! I want it, pm sent, I would just take apart the entire cluster and transfer only the tach cover, I must have it.

also, I haven't been able to test them yet with no switch, cuto or xedos man posted a video of them working, but I can't find it right now, and its not on youtube

on your mirror control you can see where there is a what looks like a cover, there should be a button there, when you push it, both mirrors retract in ward towards the car, and when you start the car or push the button they swing back out.

Also, its the 95-96 style mirrors, I have to paint mine, but Im going to get the switch first and make sure there fully working before I spend the money on that.

btw, what do you men by TCS? I have a tcs light on my dash, when I hit the button or it engages it comes on, but its not on the actual cluster.

any chance the fuel/temp has the gear postion?

something to note, the eunos model ones don't have the "premium unleaded fuel only" on them

while this is fine since it is required, it just seems cluttered on the single guage.

09ef_1.JPG

I dunno... seems there is a difference in clusters if you have TCS or not.

If your car has TCS then this cluster should be fine for you.

Yes, I think there is the gear position on the right side dial (temp and gas guage) but I'll have to double check.

This cluster comes from a Millenia not Eunos/Xedos... so it should be the same as US except that the dials are different; we have MCE and Km/H and MPH.

replied to pm

it doesn't matter where it comes from, I would just take apart the cluster and remove the tach covering and swap it to my own, either resell the old one or just throw it away

You'd probably need the whole left side dial then... removing the tach needle is very difficult and fragile if not impossible.

nope, actually its extremely easy, done the exact same way if you were installing reverse gauges, once the cluster is out takes less then 20 minutes, remove needle, remove film, replace, done.

That one is from a Xedos i bet...my TCS light is on the cluster.

but as for the states, not one from the factory

No. I have seen one 95 S in the wild that has it. If you go to the dealer, it is a factory part for the 1995 model year but was for some reason not include on very many

god mother fucking damn it, i am away for a few days and a tach appears and is gone in moments......... fucking crap

UGH!

also, does anyone know if the ECU will get all pissy and turn on the CEL if you swap a cluster that has mismatching mileage? i know on some GM cars if it drives with the cluster disconneced for more than a mile or something it sets a permanent CEL that can only be cleared by the dealer. the reason i ask is because i want to swap the speedo cluster and convert to KMs as the main dial measurement (with mph as the minor one) but i don't want a permanent CEL; i also want to know how you'd advance the dial to the correct matching mileage after conversion (eg 130500mi = 209697km)

lat - you don't have to swap the cluster, just the covering.

and no, the ecu won't know, its a mechanical odo, in a grand cherokee with a digital read out it only works if you find one with lower mileage, then it like...adjusts, higher mileage and it goes crazy.

you don't have to swap the guages, you take them apart, the covers that you see is just a plastic film, like when people do reverse gauges, your not buying new gauges, just a new top cover/film for them.

if you really wanted to be an idiot and convert to kph then you just do what Im doing, take apart both clusters, swap covers and go, you would be using your original cluster with mileage, needle and odo would remain unchanged.

what do you mean you've see na 95 with them, with the gear selector? or the MCE tach?

I'v never seen a MCE tach in the states, but the gear selector should be standard on all 95-96 and 01-02

When I did the vacuum lines I wanted to get green silicone hose to match the Miller Cycle green but it was a special order and was going to take some time to get it. And it only came in 10' sections so it was going to cost more since I needed three to get ~21' I still think it would look nice so I might do it someday.

If it wouldn't be so expensive I would love to get a metal version of the MCE cover on the top of the engine with Miller Cycle Engine embossed. I bet a few other people would be interested too.