New Stuff

Since spring is here, time to install the hoarded goods.

Eibachs

OEM front shocks

KYB rear struts

New shift knob

Viper 7501

Garmin 260W

R-1 Racing Drift 18" wheels (PIAA Super Rozza knock-off)

Falken 912s

I'm installing the springs/shocks tomorrow, i'll try to get pics up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to track down my camera in the moving stuff. Front Driver side took all day : /. Spent half the day breaking bolts loose, and we had someone viewing the house. Getting the alignment right with the top strut assembly and the bottom was a pain in the ass also, I would have thought those bolts would have been equidistant.

Just got off the phone with Wheelfire, my wheels are no longer available even though i was able to order them somehow... :mad:

not necessarily a connection, just some ideas. I can probably find some good pricing on some stuff.

http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/armano/5sblk.jpg

19x8.5 and/or 19x9.5 - armano split 5 750 shipped.

or

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Whee...s_forgestar.htm

19's - whatever size or offset listed - 1350 shipped.

If you want some, I can probably knock down a couple dollars from that price since i ordered wheels from them recently.

i think the first 'forgestar' wheel - the one with no lip - would look crazy on a millenia. 19x8 and 19x9 with a mid 30 offset. in the front and 40 offset in the rear....

but thats me.....

and no.. not selling plats wheels... I like them too much as a "beater" wheel - plusss they are light as fuck so i can race all these pussy bmw's

Well, i got Wheelfire to make some concessions for 3 days of wasted time and not getting the wheels i wanted. Ended up getting the TSW Thruxtons. Had the shocks and springs installed and realized i had them reversed. Couple of hours work left.

I asked them about it, they have a geometry database that filters all wheels that will work. I had them shave 5mm off the edge just in case. Springs are on, rides like a tank. Only problem I'm having is a repetitive clank whenever the wheel is turned left. I'm going to triple check my work, but i'm pretty sure everything is back together as it should.

Looks like I had everything put back together correctly. Is there any way to tell the difference between a bad ball joint or CV?

With a bad ball joint the wheel will have play in one direction (depending on the ball joint). A bad cv has other symptons: clicking during acceleration+turns, play in wheel when you rotate etc.

And the car looks good but please take that spoiler off. It looks like a toy car with it..

At first I rationalized getting the OEM spoiler to replace the poor taste of the former owner, but it has grown on me. After looking at hundreds of pictures of Millys, I'd rather have one than not.

That repetitive clanking is during left hand turns and acceleration. The OEM wheels and tires i got installed right before MW07 are also causing problems. I've got leaks and tire deformation on the front driver, and i don't know how far out of spec the alignment is. I figured get an alignment first, then head down to the dealership unless the CV can be replaced with hand tools. I noticed rechecking my work yesterday that the boot is completely sheered. Could be age or having the car hauled out of a snow drift back in February.

damn straight to the spoiler - one of the most beautiful angle of a millenia is slightly above shoulder height, looking down the body at an angle with the spoiler flexing up, just to the side enough you don't see around the windshield.

hauled out of snowdrift....unacceptable to be in snow.

Never done a CV, but I think a few here have done it without to much trouble.

At first I rationalized getting the OEM spoiler to replace the poor taste of the former owner, but it has grown on me. After looking at hundreds of pictures of Millys, I'd rather have one than not.

That repetitive clanking is during left hand turns and acceleration. The OEM wheels and tires i got installed right before MW07 are also causing problems. I've got leaks and tire deformation on the front driver, and i don't know how far out of spec the alignment is. I figured get an alignment first, then head down to the dealership unless the CV can be replaced with hand tools. I noticed rechecking my work yesterday that the boot is completely sheered. Could be age or having the car hauled out of a snow drift back in February.

Do you mean the cv boot is torn? Let me tell you, dont deal with putting a new boot on to the old axle. Just completely change the axle from differential to the wheel. Dont buy anything but raxles.com. They are like $130/ea. I changed my passenger side with a no name one last year and I think I will get raxles to both sides this summer. Passenger side has play now and driver side is gone (lots of clunking, clicking).