New Stuff

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCCulloch is UTTER GARBAGE, search them on hidplanet and you'll find not one good thing about them in 9 years.

philips is pretty much the best, but the cheap kits are fine if your willing to replace them every other year

steve is as always living in the dark with crappy ass silverstars with far fewer lumens per watt then even the poorest stock halogen

Workin on it, kinda taking queqes from UnEvakno(sp)'s milly. Trying to find an appropiate button. I added some steel/aluminum accents like the pedals, E-brake and shifter to tie in with the door handles and steering wheel emblem. Kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but the shifter is hollow, it's a machine gun heatsink design. It was kind of a pain in the ass. Had to machine out the center with a drill bit and metal rasp to fit the diameter of the shift rod. I also had to bypass the key interlock switch to get it to work. The brake solenoid is still fuctional. Wheels arrived today a week late, i'll be installing those tomorrow, repainting the brake calipers, and installing the GPS add-on for the Kenwood.

Got a lot of my ideas from his milly, credit where credit is due. Not much left on my short list left to do mod wise. Some mechanical maintenance here and there, then I'll be looking to do some experimental mods. >:)

I'm gonna have to wait on HIDs and the new exhaust until the move is done. When I was changing the springs/shocks/struts, I noticed I have just the muffler hanger supporting the whole exhaust system. Fix one thing, find two more things wrong....

I've watched the video, that's where i got the idea to go with Borla. The MW07 meet was awesome even with just 3 millenia's...can't imagine cruising with 8 or 9.

Mine has been able to remove caliper pins, but i mostly use it as a time/arm saver. I still use air for most stuff. Didn't have time yesterday morning to paint the calipers or install the nav unit. Gonna have to wait for Easter.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks good man. I am contemplating a spoiler. But I know I'm getting HIDs soon and for real this time. I just got my income taxes back :) so now I just wait to get out of school for the summer, got finals coming up. Do you want to sell your chrome rims?

Well I know this is a new stuff thread but since we are talking about 4300K HID, I want that, but I'm scared since I only have halogen projectors and since I'm not doing a retrofit that it wont be the blueish whitish color that the naked eye sees when looking at a HID equipped vehicle like perhaps the 335i or Acura TL. I want that look but I'm contemplating going with the 6000K in my halogen projectors on my 2002. Thanks!

The blue colour is seen around the cut-out of the HID projector, the actual light is still the 4300k colour. Maybe 5000k would be a compromise.

In my experience, going too much higher just makes it look like ghetto ass and looks a lot like cheap blue-tinted incandescent globes.