Lug Nut Weight

Heck the nuts I bought from autozone are like twice the weight of originals, though size is almost the same. Will it cause imbalance?

MSRP for a stock nut is $6.

4 x 5 x $6 + tax = $130!

I still have 60 mph vibration. Tires balanced twice, bent rim fixed. Still have it for years now..

I also use locknuts without issues. Newer compared weights but there is probably a difference. The closer the unbalance is to centre, the less is the influence. I can easily detect a 5 grammes unbalance on a rear wheel though. And what many may not know is that continued high speed driving with unbalance makes the tires oval, which again increases unbalance. A vicious circle. Therefore I recommend to check wheels for ovality when having issues. Two b*e*e*rcans is the perfect tool. One under the wheel as measuring guide and the other... :drool:

Mmm, excuse me for asking, but how did you manage to balance your stuck rear wheel twice?

I couldnt take it but mechanic can. It hasnt been out for 10k miles. Now its time for a rotation yet I couldnt move it. With a deep socket it may be possible with hand tools. I will go to a mech although its embarrassing :(

I doubt that would cause much unbalance though. If you've put 10k miles on that tire you'd be more than lucky if it is still balanced. I bet you have a 20-60 grammes unbalance which also caused an oval tire. I suggest the b*e*e*rcan test for starters.

Will do. Is the brand important? Heineken works?

It shakes at 60 mph. I try not to cruise at that speed.