1994 Xedos 9 2.5 V6 Big Problem

My 1994 uk xedos 9 2.5 v6 at the moment is acting the same way a car would behave when its about to run out of fuel.

Just looking for help on this, also how do i get the codes stored in the car's computer, I have an obd reader but cant find a plug for it under the dash.

My car is a 1994 UK mazda xedos 9. It has diagnostic plug under the hood but dont know how to use this either.

My car has 108k on the clock..

Ran the car for a good 15 miles over the weekend and it ran fine except when I floor the gas pedal it starts cutting out or spluttering, and I lose power completely; let go of the gas pedal and after a few seconds I can drive on. Also, so long as I depress the gas pedal only slightly all seems ok, but, try half or full throttle and the symptoms I have described above occur! I am totally stumped now.... Any ideas appreciated..

Thanks

do you have any warning lights of any kinds? I know its different in europe and I don't believe you have a CEL, and OBD migh be different, xedosman has a xedos9 in europe and could help you more, but based off what your described it might be plugs, ignition coils, maybe even fuel pump.

how long have you owned the car and/or have any service records

There is a method to read the codes via the diagnosis port under the hood, but the easiest is to have a pro read the codes. Look up a thread written by cuto.

I think you may have fuel starvation, if it idles and runs normal with little throttle. Clogged fuel filter?

Thanks. Already had the codes read, there were none.

Ok re: Fuel filter; where is it and is there a guide for replacing it?

Thanks

Oderaro

do you have any warning lights of any kinds? I know its different in europe and I don't believe you have a CEL, and OBD migh be different, xedosman has a xedos9 in europe and could help you more, but based off what your described it might be plugs, ignition coils, maybe even fuel pump.

how long have you owned the car and/or have any service records

Haven't owned the car long; it also didn't come with a long service record either.

The TCS light did flash when I disconnected the tps so I am assuming that is the CEL ????

Am I wrong on that?

Regards

Oderaro

There is a method to read the codes via the diagnosis port under the hood, but the easiest is to have a pro read the codes. Look up a thread written by cuto.

I think you may have fuel starvation, if it idles and runs normal with little throttle. Clogged fuel filter?

Thanks. Already had the codes read, there were none.

Ok re: Fuel filter; where is it and is there a guide for replacing it?

Thanks

Oderaro

I don't know if there is a guide in the technical section, but it is easy enough.

1. Take off the fuelcap.

2.Pull the green relay in the fusebox under the hood, far left when looking backwards.

3. Start the car and run till it stops, which is like 2-3 seconds. Take out the key and for your own safety, disconnect the battery as well.

4. Put the fuelpump relay back in place. You've now depressurized the fuel system. NB. VERY IMPORTANT STEPS!

5. Take out the back seat (not necessary but most convinient). The seatbase is secured by a plastic lever on each side, right between your legs if you sit on each side. Pry the base upwards and they are visible. Then unbolt the seatback, 3 bolts in the bottom IIRC. Then push the back upwards, quite a lot of force is necessary to release the top clamps.

6. Take out or fold back the carpet in the trunk and unbolt the cover in the front part of the trunk. Unless you are less than 5 feet tall you've already discovered why it is convinient to remove the back seat.

7. Do what a man's got to do under said cover. It is abit cramped but less so than if not dismantling said seat. The bolt securing the filter may very well be rusted beyond repair. Try with penetrating rust spray if remotely possible to screw out at all. If not think of an alternative to secure the filter.

8. Turn the socket wrench clockwise and get everything back in place.

9. With everything hooked up again, turn on the ignition and allow fuel pressure to build up before cranking the car, 3-4 seconds will do. Then crank the car and it should start.

Good luck!

I waited overnight and there is no pressure.With the seat in place its a lot harder.

And there is no pass-through on mine, so I had to lay in the trunk. I would never do it that way again.

If I had to do it through the trunk I would rather pay the shop to do that.

thanks that site is in german ! Cant read that... any here in the uk?

Thanks

I can´t read german neither. But just use google to translate the whole website. Best prices and parts for the Xedos are in Germany. Mind you, my search for that air mass flow meter returned only UK junkyards.