Biggest Let Down...ever

So I don't really have the money, but I was just searching, because I still plan on an 01-02 silver S/gray interior someday. I have no problem going anywhere in the U.S, so naturally I ran across this beauty

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

Priced not that much lower then blue book, but the exact color combo and options I was looking for, with ONLY 37,000 miles, I mean lets face it, thats even less then my millenia now.

Then the pictures at the end and the fine print.

"Has been sitting after damage to side" even worse then that they have a pic of a dirty non male chink driving, so you know that the damage was there fault, poorly maintained, and want to hassle about price

frame is toast, salvage title, both doors destroyed, rear wheel and suspension damaged beyond repair.

I mean if it was 3500 or so I might consider it.

I wouldn't be serious for that price for that damage....but I think you should go look at it anyway. Worst case is you get a millenia drive out of it, with a low mileage millenia

actually steve, its kind of confusing.

its clearly a chink, they claim the damage has now been fixed, but that it was a "total loss" from the insurance company.

if you have the time, it would be pretty cool if you could check it out for me and see whats really up and what the TRUE condition is as you know what I demand.

if the damage has really been repaired in a quality manner.............I might consider it.

It will not be a DD, but more then likely it would be a semi weekly event as I don't have extra garage space and would be reduced to a cover. something like this week where I needed a strong a/c and can't be in the sun a CLS would have been used all week.

it would sure as fuck not be driven in the snow though

I disagree

you remember there was a time I was going to purchase war sp's, I'm sure the thread is somewhere on the pissbucket, I had half the paperwork done, we agreed on a price, I was going to come and see it...then he crashed it.

Also the tach worked flawlessly, and when I mean flawless I mean it read 0 the entire time since the car didn't even start. Apparently 6.5 years is how long it takes for an optima redtop to go bad. I have my battery tender on it and it barely cranked over once before the lights went dim.

On a related note, jesus fuck you people abuse your car. I left it outside the capsule but still in the garage for about an hour, after which there was dust, bugs were flying around - some even landing on it, wtf.

Now I have to spend probably 10-15 minutes tommorrow cleaning

There's a reason the last two pics of that car were taken in a scrapyard. Buying that car will result in an endless (losing) battle with rust, and given the salvage title, you'll never be able to unload it. Fuck that thing, it's an ugly bitch with a lot of makeup.

100% incorrect, no rust at all sitting in the garage, moisture and oxygen.

If the doors were replaced and not fixed then its not a big issue. I'm not at all worried about rust, it is in fl, with low miles, and I would instantly tackle any areas - not to mention properly driving it for its design purpose, it might be driven in rain once in awhile, but certainly never snow

The reason I wait until late march to drive my millenia isn't so much the temp as waiting for all the salt to be off the roads.

salvage title is an issue, I could retitle it clean but would still show up on carfax

you of course assume I would ever sell it, making it a mute point