A Little Too Hot.

I have had a problem with overheating ever since i got it. Many things have been done but it only seems to fix a little bit. I have change my coolant temp sensor, RAD, Water pump and checked if the fans work. The thermostat was changed by Strauss. System has been bled for air also. Am i missing something? is it a possibility that Strauss put in my thermostat in wrong or the wrong thermostat?

do you happen to know at what temp the thermostat is supposed to open? the mechanic that did my water pump said the car doesnt go above 220 degrees and he says that is still in the NORMAL temperatures.

IIRC 190F. Stock thermostat is hella cheap, no reason to go aftermarket on such a critical part.

220 would be unacceptable, by Jeep runs 210 in summer, as high as 235 in summer under towing conditions with a/c on

Millenia stays around 185

Ok thank //bhr... ive been looking for that number for a while... i also noticed my fan doesnt run on. My battery died on me and when i got a boost and was waiting for it to charge a bit i noticed my fans turn on at 3/4... i know the temp sensor is the one that turns on my fans but ive changed it twice in less than a year. the one that is on right now i about 3 months old... can it still be the sensor? or maybe a relay?

have you tried running it with max AC on auto? Mine will do this when sitting in traffic and lose a lot of power. Since it's been ranging from 38-41 here consistently in the afternoons I've taken to opening the hood when I get home and letting it cool off, i dont like the idea of it sitting heat soaked for a couple of hours till it cools down.

have you tried running it with max AC on auto? Mine will do this when sitting in traffic and lose a lot of power. Since it's been ranging from 38-41 here consistently in the afternoons I've taken to opening the hood when I get home and letting it cool off, i dont like the idea of it sitting heat soaked for a couple of hours till it cools down.

when i turn on the AC the needle stays at the middle

• 3 weeks later...