Lowered And Camber Problems?!

Task514

I have had my millenia lowered on eibachs since...err, 2004?ish. No problems with previous set of dunlaps or current bridgestone s-03's. Alinement set to factory and checked every 3500 miles. I mean lets face it, if you don't get an alinement ATLEAST every other oil change your lazy and should expect problems.

umm, thats a non male thing to say, tires should wear evenly all around, logically speaking since you return home any trip you make should have the same number of right and left turns unless you just drive in a big circle like a big idiot.

I put many miles on many cars, all of which require alinements, the millenia of course has about 15k on the current set of tires, which considering they have a lifespan of only 20-22k is quite alot, yet they remain perfect

Unlike you I drive enough to VERIFY my tires wear evenly. The right tires always wear more than the left though; lefties tend to be taken at higher speeds. This applies to most drivers unless they always drive like grannies.

Just by coincidence yesterday I sprayed some tire dressing and realized the right two were worn a little more than the lefts. I was wondering why. My tires are unidirectional so left is always on the left.

The rear of the tread edges when touching to the ground is thicker than the front edge. As if it will grip more when accelerating than braking. Should be the result of braking. All in all my traction is compromised now, after 25k miles on these yokohamas. ABS kicks in at least once a week. Being all season tires is a contribution for sure. We bought summer high performance kumhos to my friends civic. His car sticks to the road now. We tested the brakes and he couldnt brake hard to kick ABS in. Well he was scared to push harder, which I told he should overcome.

An advanced driving course is recommended. I'd owned 3 ABS-equipped cars but had never experienced it until the other day. There's not much pedal pulsation in the Holden as I was expecting (Bosch version 5.3 I believe), I wonder how the Mazdas would compare.

Pulsation depends on lots of stuff including the lines (SS vs rubber), speed and the pads. The Holden should have very mushy lines by now.

Well I knew ABS will kick in but what can I do? I have to stop so press harder and harder till the edge of ABS triggering. Couple weeks ago a lexus IS just decided he wouldnt pass on yellow light and decided to hard brake. That thing stops really quick. I could hardly stop..

eh, also depends on surface. On pavement when the abs engages you certainly feel it, but the tires are gripping alittle bit. I'v only engaged the millenia on pavement maybe twice, which is quite hard to do with s-03 tires. None the less you feel it.

Now by contrast should you engage abs on the snow you will feel it much more since it won't grip at all and just stay on. Its not so much a pulsing as it is an inability to push the pedal any further

either way xedos has alinement issues, NO side should wear more then the other unless your doing nascar laps. You turn right out your driveway leaving, you turn left coming in. You turn left at some stoplight to get on the highway, you turn right when coming back. Its all balanced, and if one side is showing a visable difference you don't just have an alinement issue, you have a severe issue, including being so out of alinement you caused damage to the suspension...which if not properly checkedo ften is what happens

Why don't you just shut your mouth emo boy. I've had this issue on all my cars since 1982. Funny how all of them should have alignment issues huh? I've had the alignment adjusted on several of them too, when needed. But not on the Xedos, because she has had no issues. Yet.

I bet RHD cars wear the left side tires more than the right unless, again, the driver is a granny or drives like one. Us LHD drivers simply drive harder in lefties because it is less uncomfortable than right turns. Simple as that. I'm not exactly a novice behind the wheel you know. How often do you skid sideways on dry tarmac? Been there done that, even with the 235s :shifty: