Cel P0303 Problem/solution

Problem:

I had what felt like an intermittant misfire that didn't throw a CEL on my 2000 S.

It got worse and threw a P0303 code. What could be the problem? I just replaced my plugs and inspected/repalced my coil packs and boots 2 months ago!!!!!!

Solution:

Replace 5 inch coolant hose coming off the base of the EGR valve.

What You say?

Well, the coolant line is just above the cylinder #3 coil pack and had been slowly leaking coolant onto it to the point that it looked like the bottom of a sea barge. The coolant had also made its way down around the plug causing it to ground out to the cylinder head instead of firing.....

:) Sorry no pics

• 3 weeks later...
I used to have that, from memory it is to do with the tail light bulbs. One is probably out, or converted to LED.

The funny thing is one rear LED was out and I replaced outer 2 just before this starts happening. However I had LEDs for years and never had this problem. How did you fix it? One inner LED is half working now. Maybe I should replace them as well. And also one front parking bulb is out. It is regular bulb.

• 1 month later...