Tyres

I'm going to restore the ME wheels and temporarily retire the 1995s.

I've kind of forgotten how to shop for tyres since the last time I did was in 2006, I plan to use tirerack.com since they were excellent last time. I want something wider than stock and slightly lower profile.... stock is 215 50 17 right??? BHR what kind of tyres do you have? Fat Man, I remember you having, well, fat tyres :lol: that you said would tramline. :HMMM: i await input

I've kind of forgotten how to shop for tyres since the last time I did was in 2006, I plan to use tirerack.com since they were excellent last time. I want something wider than stock and slightly lower profile.... stock is 215 50 17 right??? BHR what kind of tyres do you have? Fat Man, I remember you having, well, fat tyres :lol: that you said would tramline. :HMMM: i await input

I think the next time I will go with kumho platinum grand touring tires. They are very comfy and silent tires. Performance tires are noisy and harsh. I will buy wider ones so hopefully they will compensate for the lost braking distance a bit.

Some people find local shops that match tirerack prices.

I think the next time I will go with kumho platinum grand touring tires. They are very comfy and silent tires. Performance tires are noisy and harsh. I will buy wider ones so hopefully they will compensate for the lost braking distance a bit.

Some people find local shops that match tirerack prices.

You're not lying there regarding the performance tires. We had some Dunlops on the car and they were horrible, when it came to road noise. Fortunately, they wore prematurely and also started to crack on the inner sidewall. We ended up getting most of our money back from Dunlop on the warranty and jumped back to Kumho. The Kumhos did their thing - nice, nearly silent, but the shop I worked through was horrible at alignments. I made it about 2 years on the Kumhos. With my wallet being a bit thin, I actually went shopping on Craigslist. I found 4 Michelin MXV4s (P205/55/16) for $150 for the set with 90%+ of the tread remaining. The guy I bought them from pulled them off his Benz to have custom wheels installed and couldn't use the Michelins any more.

I wouldn't just buy used from anyone. This deal for me was the real deal. The guy's Benz looked pristine - even though it was a wagon. I was very happy with the deal and the tires ride nice, too.

225/45/17. Wider an a bit more low profile plus you get MASSIVE more choices. I recommend bridgestone potenza

BHR tyres... hmm... i think i might try them. tell me which ones you have.

and these were what were on the G'old Beast as i remember...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

235/45/17? Umm no, a bit wider. Stock size is 215/50/17 (weird size btw)

Up 10, down 5.

225/45/17

My front potenza's are getting a bit low with rears about half, so going to rotate but they no longer make the s-03 pole postions which sucks. WTF bridgestone, discontinue my a/t revo's for the jeep and s-03's for millenia and g200 for audi.

I'v been debating going to 245/40/17 like MTS

Stock size is, depending on year and model, including the Xedos, either

205/65-15 which rotate 791 revs/mile.

215/55-16 which rotate 797 revs/mile, abit small actually.

215/50-17 which rotate 792 revs/mile.

235/45-17 rotate 796 revs/mile, pretty spot on.

225/45-17 rotate 808 revs mile, which means it is in the region of 1,4 to 2 % too small.

Within legal limits but nothing a man in good taste wants to do because too small wheels look lame.