New Towers At A Sweet Deal

Good stuff, I am planning on tackling the low/high issue by having only the outers on in 'low'. I wish I knew which wire I'd have to cut...

In other news, I have bought a pair of white 1156s for the reverse lights of my daily driver. Because the reverse housing is tiny, any sideways illumination would be a waste.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...so they're dimmer on low?? how does that impress u??

Don, I'm, impressed with "low" being dimmer because this results in a much greater difference between high and low, resulting in what "appears" to be brigther output from other drivers, and increased action to cause a quicker reaction from drivers behind me. While they are "dimmer" on low do not be mistaken, they fully illumanate the housing as a stock bulb would

...so they're dimmer on low?? how does that impress u??

Don, I'm, impressed with "low" being dimmer because this results in a much greater difference between high and low, resulting in what "appears" to be brigther output from other drivers, and increased action to cause a quicker reaction from drivers behind me. While they are "dimmer" on low do not be mistaken, they fully illumanate the housing as a stock bulb would

i'l have to see them in person

DAMN DAMN DAMN... the LEDs I had in my brake lights are already burning out... WTF

are u serious?!?!

In other news, Autolumination has released 3 new products of varying interest. The 'economy' 12-LED version of the tower isn't worth any details considering how cheap 18-LED towers are on Ebay.

The 'Jumbo Light Tower II' is a monstrous 39-LED version of the familiar tower - a nice enough concept but there will be very very few applications that will both fit it, and have easy installation.

IPB Image

The Spider is a familiar concept with folding wings of light - 16 x 7mm LEDs in this case. I am sceptical that the end result will be very bright, however.

IPB Image

As I said on HID Planet, I am still waiting for a tower-type bulb based on the high-power LED. That would be something to get really excited about.