Interesting Idea...

i know some guy long ago wanted to do this. but never really finished it (or even started it lol) but here is the idea:use the awd system/tranny and put it in the millenia. very expensive project. however, with proper funding, its very doable. here are prolly the things we need to consider:

>custom bellhousing for the 6 spd tranny

>custom driveshaft

and some other stuff i cant think of. but i can get ahold of these parts for very cheap. anyway...its going on my list of modifications.

way bottom on my list of modications ... and its a looooong list

indeed, you refer to wizbummer, an old skool memory. I actually met him about 3 years ago. He lives about an hour south of me. However he disappeared for a long long ass time, then came back for a week trying to sell the parts and mentioned smoething of felony charges. Apparently he skipped my lectures

A couple of other things to consider:

You would need a new rear axle with diff and driveshafts, Then the whole suspension would need to be beefed up. Remember that on a front wheel drive car, the rear suspension only has to keep the rear end of the body from dragging on the floor; it doesnt have to resist driving forces.

Next, there is no proper transmission tunnel, what there is is full of exhaust system, so you would need to re-route that. The only way to do this would be to jack up the suspension to gain some ground clearance.

Lastly-- why? Traction on a front wheel drive car is almost as good as four wheel drive; except when driving up a hill. The extra weight and drag off the transfer box and diff would kill some of your performance anyway.

If you want such a car - buy a Subaru!

Geoff

A couple of other things to consider:

You would need a new rear axle with diff and driveshafts, Then the whole suspension would need to be beefed up. Remember that on a front wheel drive car, the rear suspension only has to keep the rear end of the body from dragging on the floor; it doesnt have to resist driving forces.

Next, there is no proper transmission tunnel, what there is is full of exhaust system, so you would need to re-route that. The only way to do this would be to jack up the suspension to gain some ground clearance.

Lastly-- why? Traction on a front wheel drive car is almost as good as four wheel drive; except when driving up a hill. The extra weight and drag off the transfer box and diff would kill some of your performance anyway.

If you want such a car - buy a Subaru!

Geoff

i was bored and it was an idea. combinde with the need to post a thread, u got what u see b4 u.

it is of course possible, but hte time, energy, and money involved, even for a millenia makes it doomed from the start.

some day I shall have a black 99-00 Millenia and do a complete make over, all that shall remain will be the body panels and wheel, oh it will look stock. But I'm thinking about dropping in an audi s4 engine, or perhaps even a used ferrari 360 engine is I can get my hands on 1 for a decent price

• 3 weeks later...