I Really Did The Right Thing

cuto

First things first: After a really messy (including almost 2 months of vacation time :P )period on my professional life i am back! I wanna thank Xedosman for all the support he has provided me on trying to find some parts - like that infamous centre console.

Well... after 8.000 Kms my Xedos 9 is still as smooth as silk, no problems to report!

The centre console is now at a friend's to give it a go at applying a new mahogany wood sheet. So...for now i have a console that i bought for 25 Euros as a replacement, dunno if any one has seen one of these, its aluminium made and not painted at all!

Also...i decided the best way to get navigation on my boy was to buy a navigon unit for about 60 Euros, a 4 gigabyte SDHC card and stuff it with All European maps; hack winCE and use whatever nav software i please (tom tom, igo8...the works). As i rellay don't like suction cups or anything else on my windshield i had to order a Brodit holder that makes it very discrete.

Last but not least, i improved the head unit, and bought a new Kenwood (Usb and ipod compatible and Bluetooth ready with a kenwood interface that i do not need coz i don't mind the earpiece....).

SO:.....IMMA BACK! Now i gotta catch up with all the messages posted since i last logged on; i think i will be finished with that by Christmas!

Some pics for you guys:

The console:

IPB Image

The Head Unit:

IPB Image

The Navigon:

IPB Image

IPB Image

No that's where I had mine at....I didn't want it stuck to the windshield, currently that is where my radar detector sits....it was too much stuff going on at once...so I put my Garmin on the left side of the cluster

I have the same navigon, how do you put that holder there :noidea:

Didnt know you can load other software. I just changed the car icon with a superman :D. If you guys remember i was planing to put milly there :)

Nothing to it: just a Brodit Proclip and a holder for the navigon. The Proclip is specific for each car. U can chose the both car and device to be held here:

http://www.brodit.com/?lang=E

@Xedosman: those guys never answered me back my friend, so i ordered the console from xedos-shop , and the headlight is still the same.

I'm I the only person who would put a mav unit in the left hand corner between the a pillar and cluster?

Thats where my friend puts his. Can you see it there? I dont wanna keep it in the middle of the windshield...

I would assume so, I just couldn't stand it in the middle of the windshield. I get actually see myself getting a portable nav system anytime soon, but thats where I would put it

I'm I the only person who would put a mav unit in the left hand corner between the a pillar and cluster?

Thats where my friend puts his. Can you see it there? I dont wanna keep it in the middle of the windshield...

I would assume so, I just couldn't stand it in the middle of the windshield. I get actually see myself getting a portable nav system anytime soon, but thats where I would put it

Which one are you thinking?

Didnt know you can load other software. I just changed the car icon with a superman :D . If you guys remember i was planing to put milly there :)

Nothing to it: just a Brodit Proclip and a holder for the navigon. The Proclip is specific for each car. U can chose the both car and device to be held here:

@Xedosman: those guys never answered me back my friend, so i ordered the console from xedos-shop , and the headlight is still the same.

Wooow they even put real xedos pictures for installation.. I am fascinated..

Didnt know you can load other software. I just changed the car icon with a superman :D . If you guys remember i was planing to put milly there :)

Wooow they even put real xedos pictures for installation.. I am fascinated..

Sure they do: they have the proclip made for every single car and model. For the Xedos/Millenia thats the only place they have . That clip is very cleverly made, it gets stuck real tight with no interference. Besides, the mount has tilt and swivel, so you can adjust the navi any way you want it, even turn it to the passenger. Another goog thing, you don't use any parts of the original navigon mount. In that place the navi sits very close to the lighter, so there's no fuss about cables dangling around.

And...last but not least: the proclip is compatible with any other device (PDA's Cell phones...whatever they have listed) you just have to buy a new mount for every device and attach it to the Proclip. No wonder this guy is filthy rich: he was a cab driver who invented that solution for his cab in the 80's....look where that simple idea got him now :>

Hmmmm.....

This is the one i have:

IPB Image

And i really think it's the only one available: i ordered mine from pdaplus.nl , since here no Brodit rep had it. Took 2 days to arrive.

P.S. Proclip USA has the mount you pointed for the Millenia. Maybe this is the reason:

EAN: 7320288520483

Item no. 852048 fits:

Mazda Xedos 9 94-98 For USA

Mazda Xedos 9 94-03 For Europe

I wonder if the millenia is different from 1998 onwards.

On a personal note: i prefer the model i have. With the navigon on the mount i guess that mount is to close to the ignition; plus..it won´t interfere with MY vent... :P

Nice find. :hmm: things to come. New head unit 1st though....

Take a look at mine...i bought it coz the wiring was all there already. But it's a beauty...reads anythig and is BT capable. You hava an Ipod or any other mp3 player...it will read and control it.

Nice find. :hmm: things to come. New head unit 1st though....

Take a look at mine...i bought it coz the wiring was all there already. But it's a beauty...reads anythig and is BT capable. You hava an Ipod or any other mp3 player...it will read and control it.

Nice features! I'd love to have a double-DIN Kenwood with satnav...