LED tower I, vs the new and possibly vastly improved Tower II

///BHRpowered

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very understandable. I still consider high power bulbs for indicators reliable - because they are never constantly on, the heat does not damage them.

Which is why I opted for the V-LED's 3-1W leds as opposed to the autoluminations 1-3W led, even though the autolumination one has the better flux radials. I'm hoping that 3 seperate 1W will dissipate heat better.

Indeed, sir, that heatsink is impressive. I actually debated these two designs (to myself, how sad) and opted for the V-LED for these reasons:

The heatsink would probably show up red in the clear turn housing (not my personal preference)

The heatsink makes the overall bulb longer (I think) and possibly reduces the reflective ability of the signal housing since the 3W is probably closer to the lens and less side light is reflected off of the signal housing.

The 3W probably has a much smaller pinpoint of light (albeit very bright) and the 3 1W would produce the same amount of light with a better dispersion.

I don't know if any of what I just typed is accurate, and I have no sample to compare it to, but that is what was going through my cranial cavity at the time of purchase ;)

trout, the bulbs you posted, in the 7440/3, whilethey are high power, the 32 led ones I posted contain more leds and better spread and would be better suited for brake lights with constant heat in mind, however, do you believe these low number led high powered toweres would output the 32led towers in turn signals? At night I do not how a problem, but I would like to increase my daytime output