so... whats the whole idea behind

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a trivial interlude, the optional spoiler on the Lambo Countache actually made the car slower because of it's poor design.

Actually it was necessary to stabilize the car in high speeds, because the poor aerodynamics of the Countach, in addition to producing loads of lift forces it also has the aerodynamics of a van give or take. A Volkswagen Transporter from the mid eighties has about the same air resistance coeffficient, albeit with vastly larger front area. As we all know, the product of those two figures gives the resulting air resistance.

In general all designs producing downforce or reducing lift forces increases drag, I would be very surprised if the ugly Millenia item would work any different. Actually the bootlid has an integrated spoiler design, which I suppose reduces lift forces. The Millenia has not, after all these years, been beaten on drag coefficient in its class. Matched maybe, but not beaten. And I bet the extra spoiler slows down the Milly.

the 00 of yours would look great with an OEM spoiler, maybe add some LED's turn signal and tails

nah, i dont want a spoiler, and i would never put parking sensors on my car just opening up the idea for debate. I dont park my new milly anywhere near other cars, the bumpers are mint and they are going to stay that way....

hint: B) the light is hurting my eyes!!!

its best look is looking down the down headon from just a slight angle

WTF!?!?!

:weirdo:

You're going to have to explain that a little better. I have to disagree, wether it's lip, spoiler or big ass wright brothers wing, it should be left in the box and not even mounted. Clean is clean, my spoiler, badges, and lock cylinder are all coming off my trunk. And if I didn't live in Canada I'd get rid of the door handles too. But alas, standing outside with 30' of extension cord and a blow dryer in hopes of my doors opening does not tempt me. Might shave the lock cylinders on the door too though.

You all now know my opinion and I will stick with it. HATE THEM. But each to their own... hey BHR if you want more down force.... prop your trunk open at a 45 degree angle... only then will you actually understand what is needed, since math is way beyond you. COSMETIC BITCH.

there is a fine line mts, you don't need a big spoiler, the millenia oem spoiler follows the lines of the car brillantly, and if you've ever seen it up close, there is an excellent proper spoiler lip even on the spoiler, and you can tell a slight different, notice I said slight, difference at 120mph+

wihtout the car looks so incomplete.

If nothing eles, if some ghetto rat is selling a millenia on ebay that is "FULLY LOADED" its not fully loaded unless you have the spoiler

there is a fine line mts, you don't need a big spoiler, the millenia oem spoiler follows the lines of the car brillantly, and if you've ever seen it up close, there is an excellent proper spoiler lip even on the spoiler, and you can tell a slight different, notice I said slight, difference at 120mph+

wihtout the car looks so incomplete.

If nothing eles, if some ghetto rat is selling a millenia on ebay that is "FULLY LOADED" its not fully loaded unless you have the spoiler

I have seen up close, and would never have that plastic crap bolted to my beautiful trunk lid. It detracts from the beauty of the car, and only appeases the weak of mind.