new milly-s driver

hey im Eddie im from ohio and i have a stock 99 milly-s I love and hate this car love the ride a luxury of it but i hate that it is auto and well the ride of it i love and hate the ride i wish it was a little firmer when it comes to the corners but hey i like it and im 17 so i cant complain even though i may be selling this car soon to get out of payments

my milly

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some extremely rare 5-spd millenia's in europe, but only for the 2.5L and euro 2.0 version.

As for the corners, you can lower the car on eibachs 1.4" that will help, but no other aftermarket suspension systems exist. There used to be JDM rear sway bars, but have since vanished.

Your best bet are a set of high performance F1 tested tires, like some bridgestone potenza s-03 pole postions. 225/45/17 works well on the stock 17's however you can run up to a 255 for extreme grip

im running fusion hri's right now (junk) i had some nice yokohamas (sp) on it befor i got the fusions and they were awesome and if i had the 2.5 it would be a 5spd by now just cause i would have put in a mx-6 tranny but im actually thinking of getting rid of my milly sadly i have had it for about 7-8 months now and im just getting bored with fwd but we will see what happens when i get the tranny put in it 1 more resone I am thinking of getting out of the milly game is the price of parts like transmisions and other parts i have had a fc3s in the past and liked it and in a few days might buy a 240sx with my tax money

Nice car man! I'm also 17 but have a Eunos 800M a few years older then yours, but is basically the same car.

I havn't taken mine around a corner fast so I don't know about the suspension issue you are having, perhaps you could just slow down ?? :) :) If not wack on some bigger tyres and try the springs that Hitman suggested - my car has them I think (if they are the same as those on the 800M SP, then my car has those springs).

And 99milly-s don't sell your Milly! I can't get enough of mine, absolutely love it. If you really really want a manual then keep it, and when you have more money perhaps get it converted (if you can).

Yeah, that's a nice car 99milly-s but you guys are both doing well to have your own at 17 !! I know they're viewed differently in the states but over here (UK) they're very rare and viewed as luxury, executive cars.

That's why, to some extent, I could never undertstand how you guys get 'bored' with them and want to mod them to death. They're not meant for it (IMO). But lowering is probaly the only serious mod I would consider and bigger tyres. I have the 225/45/17s as Hitman said and the ride is fine though I mostly do motorway miles anyway.

People have spoken about the manual conversions before but no-one has done it as far as I'm aware.

But yeah bro, hang on to it as long as you can though I know they're great when they're running well and crippling when they're not !

Welcome to the site guys anyways ! :thumbup1:

lol ya know it ...the milly handles great now

well as far as 255's go thats to rich for my blood and the way i got a 99 s at 17 is the wonderfull world of financing lol but yeah i have only seen 2.5's converted to a 5spd i dont think they even make a 5spd tranny that will fit the miller ctcle engine. do they? or hey a 6spd is fine also. :-) Yes they are a luxury car over here in the states and i do love mine but after reading on here i think it is only a matter of time befor it becomes a problem milly. but i think if i do keep it after it is paid off i will put on some wider ruber maybe bfg g force's. any one run them on a milly? and i agree these are not the cars to mod to death but i just feel that it leaves a little something to be desired in the performance department manly do to owning a fc3s as my first car but still it is quick enough for as big of a car as it is anyway if i do decide to sell it this will be the first place to find out.

p.s. thanks for all the welcome.

fusion tires also suck balls.

as for converting to manual, only 1 person is known to have done it, and it was highly highly custom, you cannot simply drop in another tranny. the millenia is a very rare car indeed and you cannot approach things as you can with other cars, this has its ups and down's, but has protected it from ricing in many areas.

don't worry dallas, I would NEVER get bored with my millenia. If weather, asian and hippie population, and traffic allowed I would drive it every day all day

i think this subject has been thoroughly discussed over and over again. however, i do not want to be the person to shut down your dreams. if u feel that u can accomplish it. go ahead. however, it kidna takes away the essence of the millenia. sure, a 5 spd millenia would be great. but what a hassle...and it takes away the luxury feel of it.