Brake Job

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm harder on my rear pads than probably anyone on this board, and I've never had them fade or even worn them down prematurely. Snow + ebrake = Renboy's rollercoaster

I honestly can't count how many times I've pulled the ebrake while driving just in the last week.

Anyone? :shifty:

I counted this morning on the way to the gym. 4 times I pulled the ebrake on the way there:

1-first left turn

2-first right turn

3-pulling into gym parking lot

4-pulling into parking space

Now seeing as there's only one left and one right turn on the way to the gym, that means I slid around/through every turn.

today I had to get up a driveway, roughly 100feet, slight curve at bottom and top, a good 30 degree incline. a 626 got 3 feet and was stuck.

the jeep went around, through a ditch, and then straight up on packed ice.

if I HAD to choose between the millenia and the M I would probably take the millenia, but lets face it people, if I have a jeep, why should I drive the millenia in the snow.

no matter how good it may be, you can't tell me its better then a jeep, 4wd, with locking axles and massive snow tires

A 21 year old texan driving in the snow...the highways would be closed for days trying to clean up that mess.

oh you SWEAR.

no... i adjust my driving tot eh conditions at hand, you wont find me speeding down the express way in pouring rain. that time that it froze town for like 2 days, i had to drive the millenia over some frozen bridges and icy express ways, while whores in SUVs were sliding around trying to brake, i was proceeding safely down the freeway

The same 4 little patches of rubber stop a jeep as they do a car.

The most common person to end up in a ditch after the first annual snowfall is a teenage male, in an suv, that had taken a driving course.

Bahahahahaha SUV inflated confidence gets them every time.... :lol:

I'm comparing modified to modified.

You guys are trying to say I'm some outsider to the millenia world and have no idea what it can do, keep in mind that the primary reason I bought my first jeep was because of driving the millenia in ice and snow.

and frankly, you cannot tell me a 2wd sedan is better in snow and ice then a jeep.

face it, the tires on the jeep are bigger and designed for snow, the millenia's tires do extremely well on wet and dry roads, but when it comes to snow are useless, YES it may handle better then other cars that are 2wd, but my tires even come with a warning that they are not to be used in snow.

if the tires on my jeep were worse in snow then the millenia's then maybe I should put the s-03's on for offroading and snow.

I'm not even going to get into locking axles, all wheel drive, and the fact that its a jeep

Accelerating in snow, and braking on ice are two different stories. I agree the Jeep (especially when modified) will make it out of the ditch easier than a milly, but those tires won't prevent it from getting into a ditch. Big, heavy knobby tires aren't good for traction on ice or any smooth surface. If they were F1 would use them. Fact of the matter remains, big and heavy with knobby tires on ice will slide easier and further than lighter car with normal tires.

And you don't know how lsd's or locking diffs work, so you're right, you're noteven going to get into locking axles...you can't.