Leds

ChiTown

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to my knowledge, infact I know he isn't.

In that pic I believe he is on a 5.5" lift and 35" tires, plus other goodies.

In LED news, I think one of my gauge led's went out, which is going to drive me hella mad.

and tonight I have begun testing philips vs osram, my philips which I think are pretty white and new are actually slightly more whiter then the new osram, yet its suppose to be the otehr way around with osram's being slightly brighter and whiter when new.

interesting

in LED news..my tails look super sweet, especially the super white reverse towers which i custom chromed so they are more stealth in the clear housings: just like the old ride!

BEFORE/AFTER

IPB Image

(old pic, i believe those are amber for the 95's turns, but you get the idea...)

:hmm:

I still have some led experiments to conduct, did you ever change out everything and test the cruise control??

also chi, see my post about your exhaust

i have LEDS in the all the brake lights, the reverse, and the interior doors and rear pillars, the cruise still works.

I DO NOT have LEDs in the gauges or the front/or rear turn signals...yet...i am guessing that your guage LEDs are messing with the cruise.

pm'ed.

I'm not sure if its the gauges, but it will be a few weeks before I have time to test that.

I remember don had the same problem with the cruise control, although I think he only had led turns and brake, since his gauges were the 01-02 electro whatever, which leds me to believe its still in the tail end somewhere. If it is the turn signals it may have to do with the resistors being used

if your referring to the center one in the front I took a small flat head screw driver and popped off the cover, from there you can see the bulbs, the replacement are the smallest festoon bulbs offered.

the real pain is trying to get anything back in, not alot of space to work with

so i can pop it off from the front? i want to put an led in there because the middle bulb goes on with the door lights.

well now there is a UV festoon LED in the dome light to match the UV 5matrix LEDs in the doors which all come on as a courtesy when you open the doors, it looks gorgeous lighting up the suede interior at night :) . I will be wiring the rear pillar UV festoons to do the same...

ignore bhr's problems. bhr. i would say go get ur cruise control thing checked out. everyone seems to have no problem with the led's. could it be u may blown a fuse or someting when inserting the led? (that happened to me when i was reinstalling some dome lights. all the fuses just decided to combust! made me extremely mad)

i have had two millenia's and have not had any problems with LEDs in either, however i have never put leds in the gauges and i do not plan to because i want the bulb color on the dash to remain consistent with the climate control.

You know I was thinking about something, how could it be the gauge leds? I mean most of the time, and certainly with me there never even turned on so there is never any voltage going to the lights themselfs, if the leds was causing problems in theory it would only be when the gauge lights are on

that sounds reasonable.